Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
BoosterMom

Default Fun Pass

Thought I'd put a post on this board since no one is responding to my other one. OK, I've filled out Fun Pass before and had it with my documents. I don't think anyone has ever looked at it or asked for it. Someone on one of the boards said that you actually have a line for people who have completed the Fun Pass............and the lines are sometimes shorter.............I know the Fun Pass was originally done as one of those Homeland Security things but what is it really for, Is there a line you get in (other than the line to get your sign & sail cards) when you've completed your Fun Pass????
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Fun Pass

Boostermom,

Last cruise I took, the fun pass thing had started and we did it. I can tell you that there was only ONE line for us and a trillion for the people who didn't do it. After that, you go in the line to get your S&S and then it's off to the chairs. Fun Pass DOES NOT get you on the ship first. It's all in where you sit. They start at one end and board by rows of chairs and sections.

Old March 3rd, 2005, 11:07 AM
BoosterMom

Well in Tampa we just went where the cruise people pointed. We got in the S&S line without even looking for a Fun Pass line. The desk where you get your S&S card just looked at our tickets, passports, we got our cards and off we went to take that horrible pre-boarding picture!!!! Oh well, I'll do it anyway and try to follow the rules!
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

last cruise the fun pass got us right thru, no waiting in lines, and could board right away. its worth the little time it takes to print it off the computer.
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:28 PM
First Mate

What is a Fun Pass? I'm cruising in May (8th time) and have never heard of this. Would appreciate someone who can explain sending me an email with the explanation. I read so many posts....that I forget where I've been and have a hard time finding responses to my questions! Also, is there an extra expense involved in this process? I'm going on Norwegian Cruise Line.

Thanks!
Old March 4th, 2005, 08:30 PM
First Mate

Sorry, my email didn't come out in my first post. It's darrow3@msn.com

Thanks
Old March 4th, 2005, 09:09 PM
BoosterMom

Carnival does the Fun Pass, don't know if NCL does or not. We were talking about Carnival.
Old March 5th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Passenger

I have been on 21 cruises and the last 2 consisted of us filling in the FAST PASS. the line in Miami was longer in the fast pass. Upon reaching the desk I asked the person why the line was longer and that I thought it was to be faster and shorter. Her reply was the fast pass has nothing to do with speed it is only for homeland security. We went with my wifes mother and sister and they went through the regular line 17 minutes faster. It will be the line for me from now on NO FAST PASS
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: Fun Pass

We must have time it just right in January of this year. We were in fun pass line and zipped right through and on board in 20 minutes from time we left bags with porters. Smoothest embarkation, we were amazed. Must have been lucky.

Terri Ann
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

Im confused what is the Fun Pass for, and what is the Sign and sail for? I printed it which line should I wait in?