Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty
Default sunblock help

Ok I have a weird question but an important one. If a person is traveling solo is it acceptible to ask someone on the cruise a staff member, or stranger for help applying sunblock to ones back? Im going to burn like a lobster in the areas I can't reach if I don't figure out how to do this yet I feel very funny asking any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: sunblock help

I believe it would be appropriate to ask a same sex passenger if you feel comfortable. Or, if you are interested in meeting the opposite sex, by all means go for it! I bet you will meet others that you will feel comfortable with asking such a favor. You do not want to get burned, it will ruin the rest of you vacation. Take a chance. If somebody is offended, try the next friendly face.

Old March 7th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

Thanks Deedi, I will give it a shot.
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Admiral

i think that most people would be more than willing to help you out. A smile and a simple, "excuse me, but would you mind helping me apply lotion to my back? I can't reach it and i don't want to burn", thank-you so much. Cruisers are very friendly folks.
Old March 7th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Yeoman

Windycitykitty,

Coppertone makes an oilfree spray on that is a spray on. It is a clear spray that is easier to apply. It is called Coppretone Sport and has an SPF of 30. (and bring some lotion too just in case a really hot guy offers to help<g>)

I have used it for the past several years on our annual canoe trip. Since I get in and out of the water frequently, I have to reapply it often and it is very easy. My DH (who tans easily and never burns) doesn't understand what happens to redheads in the sun! So he tends to gripe about the 10th time I ask him to put lotion on my back <g>.