Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default translantic weather

My husband and I are either sailing on the QM2 or the RSS Voyager on April 22 on a transatlantic cruise. What will the weather be like in the Northern Atlantic (QM2) and/or in the Mid Atlantic (RSS Voyager)? We would prefer to sail on the QM2 but we're afraid that it will be too cold to use the balcony.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: translantic weather

We did a late April crossing from San Juan to Dover and the water was smoother than in my bathtub when I'm playing with my rubber ducky!

I was somewhat amazed at how smooth the crossing was, and how warm the temps were on deck.

There's certainly no accurate predictions to be made... but I'd do it again in heartbeat.

In October we're crossing the other way... Rome to Ft Lauderdale.

Old March 9th, 2005, 03:37 PM
David Starkey

We did a transatlantic crossing once from New York to Southampton in April and it was cool & rain out of New York but overall nice weather.. (note ...I am not a "hot" weather person).
I would sail transatlatic in April again except I just can't get away until June.
Old March 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Bob & Ruthann

Default Re: Re: translantic weather

we are on the constellation apr. 23 transatlantic . Hope the weather ans seas are good.
We can't wait !!!
Old March 10th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Admiral

We sailed the Seven Seas Voyager transatlantic last November. I know a number of people (inlcuding my folks) that are back on it again 23 April for the return to Europe.

We had some rough days, nothing real bad. You would be going Ft Lauderdale to Funchal so you are pretty far south. Still, one storm could really liven up the seas. A storm hit the Iberian peninsula just three days after we left Lisbon. If our scheduled sail date had just been a few days later, it would have been a miserable time. If you are concerned that the Voyager might be too small, she recently took hurricane force winds and 40 foot seas off Australia and came through fine.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14