Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Beginner

Default Booking Multiple Cabins

I'm going to be booking around 5 cabins for a December cruise on the Carnival Liberty or Valor (we haven't decided yet which itinerary to take).

I was wondering if you'd heard good things about people booking through AAA since I am a member. Can I book multiple cabins online or would I be better off going through AAA or another travel agent?

Also, some cabins will have 3 people in them. We are looking to book balcony cabins. How crowded will that be for 3 adults? Also, if one of the adults cannot make the trip, do the other 2 in the cabin have to make up for the difference in price?

Thank you so much. ~Alison
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Booking Multiple Cabins

Hi Alicat,
I would call AAA and get a price and even see if you can get 3 cabins together. The only problem with having 3 in a cabin is sharing the one bathroom, you can do it, just need to be organized a bit.

If a third does not end up going, the other 2 will have already paid for the cabin, so there should be no cost for the 2 if the third doesn't go. You will have to check and see if there is some charge though for taking that person off, but after you pay for the first 2 in the cabin, its a smaller amount for 3/4 in the same cabin.

As soon as you decide on a ship and itinary, I'd call AAA and see what they can do.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 26th, 2005, 09:57 AM
cruisingrandma

email me ... i would go through a travel agent and go for the Group rates discount. They may have some openings yet on a cruise for that one in a group rate. We do this everytime we cruise. Much better rates on a group rate. Happy cruising
Old March 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Admiral

And maybe you can get a few more folks to go! I am working on a group cruise and the 8th cabin is FREE!!

Remember you don't pay by the cabin, but by the PERSON.

Just make sure the person who might cancel out is aware of the cancellation and refund policy. Cancelling 75-30 days out they lose their initial deposit; cancelling 8-29 days out they lose 50% of their total fare; 7 days or less they lose it all....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 26th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Alicat:

You cannot negotiate or ask questions when you book online. You also cannot price compare or look for a better deal or an agents service record if you commit to one agent before you begin shopping.

It does pay to look around before you buy and remember that the best deal does not always mean the lowest price. Service, knowledge and being able to handle problems are qualities you want in a good travel agent.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me