Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:17 PM
marie&rick

Default hawaiian cruise?

We are going to Hawaii next year and are thinking of the end of January or March. We want to cruise on Pride of America or Pride of Aloha to see all the islands our first week and then we want to stay in Honolulu for a week.
Can anyone tell us what the weather is like at the end of January or should we wait until the last 2 weeks of March?
Any comments re: NCL cruise lines would be appreciated as well as recommended places to stay in Honolulu.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Captain

Default Re: hawaiian cruise?

Our last cruise was the NCL Star. We had a mini suite. We weren't sure about the freestyle cruising at first, after becoming accustomed to it we decided it was the most relaxing cruise experience we had ever had. No rushing to get ready for dinner, we went whenever we felt like it. We did miss eating with new friends at an assigned table, but we compensated for that by asking for the same waitress each night. We got to know her instead, wha a sweetie. The staff we all very warm and outgoing. The one thing I might miss about the Pride of America is the diversity of the crew. On the HI Island cruises that do not leave HI the crew is all American employee(Or at least that is my understanding of the agreement that was made with the cruise line.
We would gladly cruise with NCL again.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:44 AM
RMT

I lived in Hawaii for many years, yes the climate could change but I would suggest going in January. If I remember correctly the "rainy" season was between February and March. I do remember after all the partying on New Years Eve we'd head to the beach the next day. If you go to the site for Hawaii it should give you the average weather conditions for the year (most state sites have this feature).
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:04 AM
sls

I lived on Oahu 82-82 and 99-02 and the only time I remember as bad is in August when the trade winds tend to stop and the air is so heavy. It's always around 85 with occassional showers.

sls
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:49 PM
marie&rick

Thank you everyone for all the info this will certainly help us decide. Any other bits of info or any recommended "must see/do " would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:45 PM
First Mate

Of course you must see Pearl Harbor, and don't miss the USS Missouri...take a guided tour there, it's well worth the price. We climbed Diamond Head at sunrise and it was so beautiful. There is so much to do just on Oahu alone...you'll have a ball.