Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:06 AM
tbuck

Default ship to home contact

we are leaving in a few days and leaving our kids with my parents, what is the best way to get updates from home?
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: ship to home contact

I would consider buying some internet minutes in the internet cafe onboard if your sitter has internet access. You can also buy phone cards at most ports and can call home when you visit each port.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:39 AM
anniversarycruisin'

I am planning on establishing an email address just for the sole purpose of keeping in touch with my kids while we are gone and then buy internet time on board so I can check emails daily. Even though my kids are children (22 and 19) you worry about them nonetheless and want to be able to be contacted in case of emergencies.
Old March 30th, 2005, 12:30 PM
R Van

We were able to use our cells in PR & St. Thomas and the rest of the time it was internet. I set up a special account on Yahoo so there would only be mail from the kids. That makes it so much quicker.
Old March 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Old March 30th, 2005, 02:21 PM
BoosterMom

We did email and made our emails very short. The kids (away at college) told me later than it was neat getting email from the middle of the Caribbean. I checked email at home and it was great knowing that our families and our house sitter could contact us that way.
Old March 30th, 2005, 02:37 PM
BoosterMom

Another suggestion, if you have cell phones, call your provider and tell them where you are going and see if they have coverage there. I just called Verizon and we are covered in San Juan, but St. Thomas would be $.69 a minute under our plan. You know, it's cheaper than ship to shore, maybe not as cheap as a phone card, but when you get the reassurance that everything is OK, it's worth it. I just wouldn't want my mother in law to start in on her luncheon with her bridge club though !!
Old April 2nd, 2005, 03:35 AM
jayne webster

Default i wish to contact a family member

juanita cristy webster working on board Silverseas cruiser [ Silver Whisper] ,i have tried to contact her for the last 24 hours and had no success . These are the numbers i have been using 00 874 762822165 ph. and 00 874 3308322218 fax. Could you check if these numbers are correct . Please email me back at your earliest. Thank you.Jayne .