Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Steven J

Default Need Help with Cruise Ticket Issue

Hey folks,

This is my first post & I've never been on a cruise before. But I need some help on an issue. I booked a cruise through a website for a Carnival cruise. The boarding passes arrived and to my horror, one of the people traveling with me name was wrong. They had the last name correct, but an entirely different first name on the boarding pass. At that time I called the website I booked thorugh, and after speaking to a representative for a while they passed me on to their customer service. The representative kept trying to charge me $50 additional to change the names on the boarding pass even though they indicated that I had given them the correct name. Anyway the Customer Service agent told they would switch the name and that everything would be taken care of and a new boarding pass would be sent out. I waited two weeks and nothing. I called the website again and now they said that Carnival had chnaged the name and I didn't need a new boarding pass. I checked my reservations on Carnival's website and it was correct. But I am feeling apprehesive about showing up and tthen here being an issue with my guest having the incorrect name on their boarding pass. Is this a problem and should I demand a new boarding pass? Please help, my trip is in a week. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Need Help with Cruise Ticket Issue

I would print out the page from Carnival showing the corrected names. The fun pass would probably be the best. I, myself, wouldn't worry about it as long as Carnival has it correct.

Just my take on it. ??

Holiday May 2000
Old April 8th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Admiral

If it has been corrected on the Carnival website you will have no problem. In fact you could even show up without it and just go to the ticket pickup window and tell them you lost it and they will give you another one. Really, it is a non-issue so long as CCL has it right in thier computer. As suggested you migfht go to the CCL website and do the funpass thing just to ease your mind.
Jim

Old April 9th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Heney

his happened to us with Carnival (Legend) last year. Had the changes made when we embarked. Don't worry about it.
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Steven J

Default Re: Re: Need Help with Cruise Ticket Issue

Folks,

Thanks so much for your replies, I was really worried about this. Now I feel much better, I can't wait to go.