Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Beginner

Default Best time to cruise

When is the best time to cruise weatherwise? pricewise? Just curious. We are taking our first cruise 1-2-06 because it is our 25th wedding anniversary. But if we really like it and want to go on another, just wondering if another time of the year is better.
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Best time to cruise

It all depends on where you want to go and the weather at that location and time of year....Carribean, Mexico, Bermuda, Alaska, Europe, Asia,,,ect?
Durring winter months the Carribean,Mexico,Hawaii and Australia are attractive for those seeking warm weather.
Durring our summer months, Alaska, Bermuda,Europe and the Carribean(hot&humid) are popular destinations.
Personally, I stay away from the Carribean and Mexico during summer months as I feel they are too warm and humid. Bermuda is a great summer destination and Alaska is my favorite summer-time cruise destination.
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Yeoman

We always go in the Fall. Anytime after Labor Day until about Thanksgiving. We find that time of year has the BEST prices and the weather is usually nice. I'm only talking about the Caribbean, since that is all we've cruised. The price differences between weeks is amazing. If your schedule is flexible - really scope out the prices. For instance: We are going on the Valor 9/25, Just one week later than that date, the price was $100 pp higher. In Mid Oct. it was $150 pp higher.
Old April 16th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Shan

We go alot in Oct......also, if you go two weeks befofe Xmas the price is right.....Summer is just too hot to go to the Caribbean...Good luck
Old April 17th, 2005, 09:45 PM
CruzCrazy

Caribbean: April, May, November, December (great prices right before Xmas) January

I would not do the Caribbean during the summer months too hot and hurricane season. I live in Miami and I won't even cruise then.

Canada/New England in September or October.

Bermuda in May.

Can't be of help for Alaska, Hawaii or Europe.
Old April 19th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Yeoman

It also depends on how tolerant of kids you are. If you going during holidays and summer, be prepared for hoards of kids (on one of our trips there were more kids on board than adults). We usually go over New Years since its easier for those working in our family to take off time. Lots of kids, but we have our own so its not an issue. It can still be hot and humid in ports though. I think the crossings can be a bit cooler and rougher, but then again weather can affect that anytime of the year. There are usually more storms, hurricanes, rainy periods during the warmer months too, but rain showers quickly pass and briefly cool things off.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal