Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Passenger

Default Stressing over cruise...that is so wrong!

But I can't help it.....we are 16 days away from our cruise and this morning I woke up STRESSING! First of all, I discovered my driver's license is missing....was almost late to work trying to figure out where it might be. Guess when I get home this evening I will tear the house apart.
Next, it seems like everyone at work has come down with something contagious and I am walking around with Lysol and anti bacterial hand soap, threating everyone to stay far, far away from me. My boss came in this morning scratching.....said she had poisen ivy! YIKES! Just what I don't need.
Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my contacts...however I am afraid they are going to tell me I need bifoculs instead, which I don't want to do. It is hell getting old...everything starts to fall apart...hahaha!
I think I need to lock myself in my bathroom tonight, run a hot bubble bath, put on some Carribean music and chill out. Sounds good!
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Stressing over cruise...that is so wrong!

i know that feeling, just stop take a deep breath and relax, go over your lists if that will make you calmer.
Bifocals are wonderful, they make such a clear difference, don't stress over that.
Bubble bath sounds good to me!!
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Passenger

Its not so much the fear of bifoculs, its the fear I won't be able to wear contacts anymore. Haven't got my hot bath yet, but I made an appointment to get my hair cut....getting it cut into a short, hassle-free do so I won't have to stress about that on the cruise, I can just wash and go! :-)
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Bifocal Contacts

Default Re: Re: Stressing over cruise...that is so wrong!

Don't fear. They do make bifocal contact lens. I wear gas permeable bifocal lens.

THEY DO MAKE SOFT BIFOCAL LENS. My doctor offered to fit me the last time I was in.

Judy
Little Rock
Old April 15th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Captain

I'm leaving today and boy can I relate. Everything has happened this last couple of weeks. I even said, I wish we wern't going. (Don't tell anyone).

But everything happens for a reason. I'm hoping that I'm so stressed that I'll appreciate the hell out of this cruise once I'm on the ship.
Have a great time.

ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old April 15th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Anniversary:

Locking yourself in the bathroom and taking that bath sounds like the best plan. Calm down, take a breath and let it happen. Reading these boards will give you a lot of great information but it can also give you a lot of paranoia. Don't make yourself sick before you get on the ship.

Just remember, VERY few people really get sick, miss the ship, get seasick, forget something that ruins their cruise, or has their toilet back up.

Have a wonderful time and I hope that license pops up.

Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 15th, 2005, 05:58 PM
claude gareau

Hi,
Do you have a Passport ??? Then, no worries !!!!

Sounds like the best medecine for your current stress is...... A CRUISE !!!!!!

Happy sailings

You'll have loads of fun !!!
CG
Old April 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Shan

You know "Murphy's Law"? .....don't worry be happy!!!! Have a nice glass of wine every night until you go on this cruise. When and Where? I love cruising don't you....we went on a Thanksgiving cruise on Carnival last Nov....next Oct. we're taking our grown sons and going on the Princess Caribbean.....Can't wait....I need to lose a bunch of lbs and I'm stressing over that myself!!!!!!!!!!!
Old April 16th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Passenger

We leave May 2nd on the Sensation for the Western Carribean....Cozumel & Playa Del Carmen. Guess I am going to the driver's license place on Tuesday and just getting a replacement driver's license. Got my contacts today.....had a new optomotrist and he said no problem with contacts....I don't need bifoculs. Looks like my last eye doctor made an oops.....been wearing my new contacts all day and everything looks great! Got my hair done and it turned out great.....my father-in-law, who a few weeks ago was suffering from very poor health is back home and feeling 100% improved. I think I should just quit worrying! Look out sunshine and beaches, here I come!
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Mix up some pina coladas and put on some Jimmy Buffet and relax! You are going on a cruise!! Oh yeah and have the BEST time ever.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 17th, 2005, 08:26 PM
BoosterMom

Hey to the person who posted about Bifocal contacts...........do you wear the hard gas permeable bifocal contacts? I was told that you could only get them in soft and I've worn hard gas permeables for years. Get a much better correction out of the hard lenses. Do you know the manufacturer of yours? Mine are Boston Lens and I would think surely they would make a bifocal............look forward to hearing from you
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Adrian

Default Re: Re: Stressing over cruise...that is so wrong!

I know how you feel! I was up at 3:30 this morning making mental lists of things I wanted to remember to bring or get. I always do that when I'm worried or excited about something. By the way, with your driver's license, could you have left it at the bank? I've done that a couple of times when cashing checks. You'd think they'd call you, but I guess it happens so frequently that they don't bother.

Thanks!

Adrian

Norweigan Star 4/22/05
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Admiral

It will be here before you know it, so take that bubble bath and relax. Poison ivy isn't contagious, so you don't need to worry about that and it sounds as though your bifocal and license problems are solved.

Enjoy!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old April 18th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I thought poison ivy IS contagious (touching another persons out break) ?? it doesn't affect me so I don't know
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Yeoman

I've been in the same place you are right now! We leave the 9th of May and last week I got such a BAD cold. My husband avoided me like I had some deadly germ. He was so afraid he'd get it about the time we were to leave. Here is my solution for beating the stress of pre-cruise:

I make a list of everything I want to take with me - so as I pack them, I can mark throught them on my list. Also on the list are things you need to do prior to leaving (cancel paper, hold mail, hair cut, buy needed items....) THEN
I pack anything that I can. Toiletries (we buy the travel size and keep them packed), film, an empty tote, our wine carrier.... THEN
I make a "frozen thingies" and discuss what I plan to do on the islands. THEN
I put on relaxing music, get in the bath and RELAX.
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:24 AM
anniversarycruisin'

Add to the stress the whole thing in the news with the freak wave hitting the cruise ship! Yikes! My husband isn't a big fan of the ocean....he is doing this cruise cause he loves me and knows my heart is set on it. The first cruise we took, was the same year the movie Titanic came out!!! Now this happens with the Norwegian Dawn. He seems to have calmed down though (or he is hiding it very well).
Everything else is right with the world though.....found my driver's license!! Whoohoo. Everything is ready to be packed and I am now in the frame of mind...."if I forget something, oh well. I will do without or buy it somewhere along the way". No sense in worrying about VACATION...right? I am looking forward to frozen drinks and hot sandy beaches!! We leave for New Orleans in eleven days!
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:34 AM
AR

I had a root canal this morning. I'd never had one before. The prospect of having it was dreadful, the actual procedure was a big yawn. The worst part is waiting for the novocaine to wear off.

Surely a cruise is a more pleasant prospect than a root canal, right?

Maybe that's a perspective that will help.