CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   San Juan Embarkation (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/245195-san-juan-embarkation.html)

Kathy & Dave May 2nd, 2005 11:27 AM

San Juan Embarkation

Does anyone know if the ship (Carnival Destiny) is scheduled to sail at 10 PM, what time do people start arriving at the pier for embarkation?

Thanks!

Donna May 2nd, 2005 06:36 PM

Re: San Juan Embarkation

Hi Kathy,
You can usually start to board around noon. You can even choose to get onboard, check out your cabin, have some lunch and get off the ship and walk around Old San Juan if you want. Just make sure you have your sign/sail card if you do this.

Kathy & Dave May 2nd, 2005 08:19 PM

Thanks!

Scubarick May 6th, 2005 07:56 PM

Kathy...I just got back from the destiny on the 25....we Stayed in San Juan the night before which I highly recommend it was a great time....The Radisson Ambassador is a great place to stay and if you walk out the front door and turn right there is a liqour store 3 buildings down. We arrived at the pier just shy of 11am we checked out luggage in down stairs then went up the escallator expecting a massive line....there were 3 people in line, we checked in and were on the ship about 45 minutes later so around noon is right. And make sure you check out the duty free liqour store at the pier.....they will tell you exactally how you can get the liqour on....lol....just put it in the carry on they wont care.....all the guards are looking for is guns and knives......so get whatca want at the pier if you dont go down a day early. The destiny is a beautiful ship.....shes a little older and you wont notice any wear unless you are really picky. Any questions feel free to contact me at scubadivercny1 on AOL or AIM.. by the way what cabin do you have?

Rick

JoyceR May 12th, 2005 11:52 AM

Glad to hear you liked the Destiny so well. I've ready a few negative reviews - but I try to ignore those -figuring people have differences of opinion. We're not sailing until NEXT May....a whole year away -but we are already excited and in the planning process.

Any suggestions for snorkeling on the trip?
Thanks

Scubarick May 15th, 2005 09:10 PM

Snorkeling is a definate yes in Aruba.....I would recommend De Palm Island. They pick you up at the Pier with an Air Conditioned bus. You take a 10-15 minute ride and then you arrive at their dock. You take a boat over to De Palm Island, only like 5 minutes. Once on the island (island is actually a large sand bar) you are walk to the beach and your all ready to snorkel. Everything is provieded for you, even an open bar and a lunch.

You can Scuba dive, Snuba, or Snorkel.....Snorkeling is fun but I would definatally recommend the Snuba its grrrrrrrreat

Rick

JoyceR May 17th, 2005 10:02 AM

thanks for that information Rick - we'll definitely check that one out. Is that a excursion of Carnival's or is it an independent?