Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:27 AM
Kathy & Dave

Default San Juan Embarkation

Does anyone know if the ship (Carnival Destiny) is scheduled to sail at 10 PM, what time do people start arriving at the pier for embarkation?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: San Juan Embarkation

Hi Kathy,
You can usually start to board around noon. You can even choose to get onboard, check out your cabin, have some lunch and get off the ship and walk around Old San Juan if you want. Just make sure you have your sign/sail card if you do this.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Kathy & Dave

Thanks!

Old May 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Scubarick Send a message via Yahoo to Scubarick

Kathy...I just got back from the destiny on the 25....we Stayed in San Juan the night before which I highly recommend it was a great time....The Radisson Ambassador is a great place to stay and if you walk out the front door and turn right there is a liqour store 3 buildings down. We arrived at the pier just shy of 11am we checked out luggage in down stairs then went up the escallator expecting a massive line....there were 3 people in line, we checked in and were on the ship about 45 minutes later so around noon is right. And make sure you check out the duty free liqour store at the pier.....they will tell you exactally how you can get the liqour on....lol....just put it in the carry on they wont care.....all the guards are looking for is guns and knives......so get whatca want at the pier if you dont go down a day early. The destiny is a beautiful ship.....shes a little older and you wont notice any wear unless you are really picky. Any questions feel free to contact me at scubadivercny1 on AOL or AIM.. by the way what cabin do you have?

Rick
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Glad to hear you liked the Destiny so well. I've ready a few negative reviews - but I try to ignore those -figuring people have differences of opinion. We're not sailing until NEXT May....a whole year away -but we are already excited and in the planning process.

Any suggestions for snorkeling on the trip?
Thanks

Old May 15th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Scubarick Send a message via Yahoo to Scubarick

Snorkeling is a definate yes in Aruba.....I would recommend De Palm Island. They pick you up at the Pier with an Air Conditioned bus. You take a 10-15 minute ride and then you arrive at their dock. You take a boat over to De Palm Island, only like 5 minutes. Once on the island (island is actually a large sand bar) you are walk to the beach and your all ready to snorkel. Everything is provieded for you, even an open bar and a lunch.

You can Scuba dive, Snuba, or Snorkel.....Snorkeling is fun but I would definatally recommend the Snuba its grrrrrrrreat

Rick
Old May 17th, 2005, 10:02 AM
First Mate

thanks for that information Rick - we'll definitely check that one out. Is that a excursion of Carnival's or is it an independent?