Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
KJS

Default bringing my daughters friend....

we were told all we need is a noterized letter from her parents and her passport.

Is this really all we need???

It seems to simple with all the other security rules they have now, I don't want to be boarding the cruise and this one little letter not work, could you suggest anything else to use as backup????? This is our first time anyways and then I went and added this stress to myself!!!

thanks,
KJS
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: bringing my daughters friend....

On NCL Dawn 4/10 we took 2 of my daughter's friends, 17 & 18 yrs. old. NCL has a form on their website that you can download. I was unaware of this form so I had composed a simple statement, asked each parent to sign it and have it notarized permitting me and my husband to act as guardians. It was never asked for. I don't know why but it wasn't.

Which cruiseline/ship are you going on? Check their website for a form. They will be required to show a passport or else original birth certificate with raised seal and a photo id of some sort.
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Passenger

I was told that if you take someone 18 or above that you didn't need anything. We will be using Carnival and one of there reps told me this. I also have a fear of getting to port and they need something else. Does anyone else have any experience about this?

Terri
Old May 4th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Passenger

My travel agent told me all we need is her original birth certificate with raised seal and notarized letter stating we have permission to take her out of the country and act as her guardian for the trip. We are taking my daughter and her friens both 12 years old. No picture i.d. is required for them.

Sovereign of the Seas
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Yeoman

I was told you also have to have a notorized medical release form as well as a letter from her parents stating you have the right to take her (if she is under18). She needs a passport also.
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Admiral

If you are planning on cruising in 2006 everyone will need a passport. After that you will need a notarized letter from her parents giving you premission to take her out of the country. You should also have a letter authorizing you to get medical help for her if needed. Have a copy of her insurance card.
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:59 AM
KJS

Thank you all so much, I will check on that form and get her Medical info.( never thought of that??) I will check RC site for the form. The girls are both going to be 13 at the time of travel!! Am I crazy or what!!!??? j/k!

Thanks again this will help!!!
KJS
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: bringing my daughters friend....

You are not crazy. The girls will have a ball and you probably won't see them much. I know my daughter and her friend are really looking forward to our trip. We leave June 27th.

Sovereign of the Seas