Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Petra

Default Boarding requirements

We are going on our first 4 night cruise to Mexico with the Monarch of the Seas with RCI. While booking the cruise I read the boarding requirements/travel docs needed and it stated that a passport is recommended but drivers license will suffice.

My question is this...I was married 3 years ago and never changed the name on my passport. I do have a certified copy of my marriage license with my passport so I can proof it's really me. I also have a valid drivers license with my current legal name.

Will I have trouble boarding or passing through customs?
Thanks for info.
petra
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Boarding requirements

your passport has been and will always be your best form of identification. Do you have time before you sail to get your passport changed? If not the marriage certificate- probably not necessary, but bring it along just in case. The immigration requirements are changing as of 2006.
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Your passport and an official copy (with raised seal) of your marriage license will suffice. I've been married 8 years and my passport still has my maiden name. It is perfectly fine as long as I have a copy of my marriage license to provide documentation of the different last name.
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

It depends on when you are cruising. The passport requirements for "Mexico only" cruises go into effect on December 31, 2006. You will need a valid passport after that date. That means with your current name.

Until then you can use your old passport with your official marriage license to show the name change.

I would make things easier all the way around and get the passport changed and if your husband doesn't have one; also get one for him.

Here are the dates for the passport requirement changes.

* December 31, 2005 - Passport required for all air and sea travel to or from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central and South America.

* December 31, 2006 - Passport required for all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada.

* December 31, 2007 - Passport required for all air, sea and land border crossings.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Petra

Default Re: Re: Boarding requirements

Thanks for all the responses. I cruise in 2 1/2 weeks so there's no time to change passport. It was kind of a last minute decision to go. I will definitely change my passport when I come back though. My hubby has a valid one as he flies to Greece all the time, so no issues there.
Thanks again
Petra