Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM
cbros

Default Carnival Pillows

I'm sure this will sound exceedingly tedious to some, but I was wondering what the pillows are like on Carnival Glory? I use a very, very soft down pillow and cannot sleep on the harder foam type. I've spent too many nights in hotels where I couldnt sleep because the pillows were too hard. I'd hate to take up luggage space with a pillow, but it would be a really miserable experience for me to not have a soft pillow. Can anyone please comment? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Pillows

I can't help you specifically with the Carnival Glory but I took a cruise on the Carnival Pride in 2003 and the pillows there were thin, flat standard foam pillows like those in a hotel. My husband has to have a feather pillow & I need a couple foam pillows to be comfortable so we both wished we'd brought our own pillows on the cruise. Our next cruise, on Norwegian, we'll be taking pillows just to be sure we get the right support. I know some people recommend taking inflatable pillows or other travel pillows that pack small so you might want to look into those options and try them out before going.

Norwegian Dawn, 11-Day Western Caribbean
Old May 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Admiral

The pillows are very unremarkable on CCL or any of the other mainline cruiselines for that matter. We always bring at least one, (my wifes favorite feather pillow), with us and grab the other two in the closet for we each have at least two to sleep with.
Jim

Old May 26th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to sanditoes

Try those "space bags" that you squeze the air out of!! I got a box of them and plan to use them on our next cruise,Jan.06!!! I haven't tried mine yet but friend's and family members that have used them swear by them!! If your pillow if fluffy and light anyways it should work out perfect!!!! By the way I got my box of 4 bags (2 large and 2 medium) at Wal-mart for about $13!!!!!!

Worth a try at least you would get some sleep and the pillow being flattened won't take up any room at all in your suitcase!!!

Good luck and Happy cruising!!!!
sanditoes