Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Default disembarking-transportation to airport

This question deals with notifying cruise line of departure flight so you can disembark at the appropriate time. My parents will be flying back a day later than we are (they will be visiting friends in Seattle before flying back). They were hoping to see us off at the airport and then get on the free hotel shuttle from the airport. How should they mark their departure info. on the form from the ship if their flight doesn't leave till the next day? I've seen posts about luggage being sent directly to the departing airline, which in their case, would cause alot of problems. I thought about them just putting MY return flight info. on their form as well to simplify things so they could leave with us, figuring they could just claim their luggage at the port terminal. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: disembarking-transportation to airport

I think in this case, they could put your flight departure, flight number, etc. on their information, so they can get off with you..

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: disembarking-transportation to airport

i think that they could put your flight information on their luggage tags, You have to claim your bags at the cruise terminal then get to your transportation(taxi, ships transfer,etc), once at the airport, you get your bags again, you must have your bags in your possession when you check in at the airport. They could see you to the check-in counter, that's as far as they will get without tickets. Then they go downstair to baggage claim where there will be a bank of courtesy phones, pick-up the hotels phone and the shuttle will meet them and bring them to the hotel.