CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Best Places to Cruise In February (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/245349-best-places-cruise-february.html)

msm1279 June 15th, 2005 01:40 PM

Best Places to Cruise In February

I am a first time cruiser looking to take a cruise somewhere warm next February, are there any destinations that are ideal that time of year?

Donna June 15th, 2005 03:08 PM

Re: Best Places to Cruise In February

I love cruising to the Caribbean that time of year, closer to the end of Feb or beginning of March. Either Eastern, Western or best yet, Southern out of San Juan would be plenty warm.

SpTrout June 15th, 2005 05:25 PM

February is a good time to go to Panama, their dry season (or as dry as it gets), and mild (for them) temperatures. We have been there three times in late January/early February, and had great weather each time.

MaryLou June 16th, 2005 06:10 AM

I agree with Donna. I would also add the further south you go, the warmer it will be. The Southern Caribbean is my all-time favorite destination! Let us know what you decide!

LisaK June 16th, 2005 09:41 AM

any part of the Caribbean is going to be warm in February. It all depends upon what you are looking for and want to do.
Some general guidelines: Eastern - breath takinginly beautiful beaches with good snorkeling and good shopping. Western - more adventuresome itineary - Swimming with the Sting Rays, Dolphin Swims, Waterfall climb, river rafting & tubing, Mayan Ruins, amazing snorkeling, good beach fun. Southern- most diverse culturally and the most port intenstive itinearies. Which appeals to you the most?

Harry Martin June 16th, 2005 02:28 PM

We had wonderful weather Feb 1-8th down to Mexican Riviera -- best weather we had ever had going down there. Not humid, sunny and about 72-80.

Harry

Jean S June 18th, 2005 06:35 PM

We did eastern Caribbean on the Star Princess this past February. The weather was perfect...warm, comfortable, and just right for the beach.

msm1279 June 22nd, 2005 11:21 AM

Thanks for all the advice! We are single, mid-twenties, looking for a fun, relaxing cruise around Feb. Mexico is kind of appealing because I would like to stop at ports that have some interesting cities and shopping and maybe a cool beach or two to go to. I am thinking that will be more in our budget then lots of expensive port excursions.

LisaK June 22nd, 2005 02:25 PM

msm1279 - it would be a really good idea for the two of you to go to a local travel agent. Sit down face to face tell her what you are looking for and let her make some suggestions, get some brochures to take home and really go thru them at your leisure. It won't cost you anything and you are under no obligations to the agency. Don't let them push you into making a decsion on the spot.

Parrot Mom June 27th, 2005 10:50 AM

SOUTH!!!!Any place that does not have snow and ice.. In all seriousness places that include Puerta Vallarta, Cabo, Acapulco and Ixtapa.