Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Tonya Bolton

Default formal night?

Could someone tell me the options of formal night???
My husband and I have to dress up all the time and would like nothing to be formal, can you just stay in your room and order room service? Or, does this pretty much mean, if you go out of your room, you better have on some fancy duds?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2005, 06:38 PM
rburns44

Default Re: formal night?

You can order room service or just head up to the buffet. You don't have to be dressed up to eat there. Don't know what ship you are going on but alot of ships have deli bars and pizza bars. There are usually several different places to eat if not dressing up. Even if dressing up some people will not stay dressed up after dinner. Some will.

Becky
Old June 27th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

On my cruise last August, we, for the first time, did not do formal nights. We just went to the lido deck buffet and had most of the same food offerings they had in the dining room. It is not mandatory, and you won't feel out of place if you don't dress up. Granted, the majority of the guests will be dressed for the entire night, but there are many who don't do the formal nights, or go change clothes after dinner.

Jodi

Old June 28th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Admiral

your options are room service, the buffet, pizzerias and bistros
Old June 28th, 2005, 11:00 AM
First Mate

Make sure that you check and see if its an open buffet for dinner. When I was on the Celebrity Horizon in order to go there for dinner you had to have reservations and it was waiter service but you still had to get your food and it was a very small selection. Princess has an open buffet 24 - 7 and a lot of people went there at night and didn't dress even on New Year's Eve.
Old June 28th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

On some cruise lines you can order from the full dining room menu for service in your cabin.

RCI and Celebrity.

Princess also offers a "special" dinner on your balcony option at an extra cost.

Old June 28th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Jean S

On our cruise in February on Star Princess we only did the first formal night. On the second night we ate at the buffet with lots of other people. I must be dressed up every day for work and it is nice to stay in comfortable clothes for a week's vacation.
Old June 28th, 2005, 11:22 PM
claude gareau

Hi,

Formal nights, like just about everything else on the ship, are
OPTIONAL , not MANDATORY.
That is precisely the beauty of a cruise vacation : there are a million things to do,
virtually all of them UP TO YOU.
As Jean S. said, it's time to unwind.....!!! When you unpack on embarkation day,
it's not only clothings you should hang up, but worries and stress as well...and
start enjoying !!! That's what you paid the cruise company for, and they're quite
willing to let you do that at your own pace.
If a formal night sounds appealing, why .... go for it !! ; if not, hey,:: buffet ,pizza bar,
room service, etc etc...you name it, you can get it.

Happy sailings
Enjoy
CG
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Just off of the Sovereign. I was supprised to see people in the dining room with nice shorts and shirts on formal night. What ever floats your boat I guess. People even wore T-shirts and shorts in the dining room on the other nights. You won't be turned away. Definately go on formal night it was wonderful!!

Sovereign of the Seas