Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Terri la

Default teen age 13 & 16

We are cruising on the conquest August 14th. I have read different age requirements for teen club. Will my 13 year old be able to hang with her 16 year old brother at he same time in the teen club? Should I say she is 15years old? Will it matter? Let me know. Thanks Terri
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: teen age 13 & 16

you need to find out what the posted ages are for the teen clubs Check the web site or give a call.. they are pretty strict about ages. You cannot just tell the counselors that your child is 15. They have to register and their birth date comes up on the computer when they register.
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Terri la

Default Re: Re: teen age 13 & 16

Can I register her at 15 with my travel agent? Not saying I would do this but wondering if this would cause problem when boarding with passport. terri
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Terri, I asked my son who is 16 (17 next week) and this is what he said. He said that several times during the day and night, they would anounce that if you were younger than 15 or older than 17 you needed to leave. He said they didn't check to see if everyone was old enough. But..........He said to tell you that the under 15 year olds, were hit on in there. (I don't mean physically) He said that if your daughter is dating, and use to the advances of guys as old as 17 then she would probably have fun. It is not a real comtrolled group, meaning, they could come and go as they please. He also said (with a big grin) " I wouldn't want to babysit my sister the whole time." He helped with the younger group some. If you could tell us what your concerns are, maybe we could clear up some things.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 8th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Admiral

You can tell your TA anything you want, but the cruiseline knows how old your teen is - remember, you brought either a passport or a birth certificate?

I wouldn't want my 13 year old hanging out with the 16-17 year old teens.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 8th, 2005, 08:49 PM
cali-croozer

You can't tell your TA your daughter is older because when you book they ask for the birthdate which they check against the passport or birth certificate when boarding. Anyway, I agree with Dorothy about the 13 year old.........let her make friends within the 12-14 year old group. We were just on the Conquest and my boys had a great time in the teen club (they are 15 and 17); but a few kids would show up drunk to the dances and, on the last night, the dance was closed early because there were more than a few drunk kids (they apparently bought liquor on shore). A girl was so drunk the staff had to bring her back to her room. I don't want to think of what could have happened to her if she would have wandered off with the wrong people. And, I see Luanne's son's point about not wanting to have to "babysit" his sister. Let him make his own friends.......he's going to have a blast. Although my sons were in the same age group, they are still 20 months apart and have different interests. They both made their own friends. It was my responsibility to keep tabs on them; curfews, check-in's, etc.
Old July 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We went out to dinner tonight, and your situation was discussed. Both boys are worried about your daughter in there. Also, my son is worried about telling someone something that isn't true.

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 9th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Terri la

Default Re: Re: teen age 13 & 16

Thanks for your imput. Tell your sons not to worry , I would not lie. I was just trying to find out some details. By putting this message out I did find out alot more details about the club.I dont want her brother having to babysit , so I will now know what does go onin the club. We sailed on a princess cruise 2years ago and their teen club went from 13 to 17.I prefer the break up in age groups and I dont want her hanging with 16& 17 year old boys not that i will trust the 13 to 15 year olds either. I just want both of kids to be in age groups to have fun. My daughter is almost 14 and does have friends 13 to 15.
Old July 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Passenger

Terri, We were on the Sovereign and instead of having the 12-14 yr. olds seperated from the 15-17 yr. olds, they were all together. I had two twelve yr. olds with me and they didn't do any of the activities due to this. Every time they went to that area of the ship it was all older kids in there. Your kids may end up together anyway. Maybe there just weren't any 12-14 yr. olds on this particular cruise.

Sovereign of the Seas
Old July 9th, 2005, 05:37 PM
cali-croozer

Terri............the 12-14 year old group actually has a lot more activities scheduled than the 15-17 year olds. She should have no trouble finding friends and having a great time.