Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Rockythedog

Default Grandeur from Baltimore

We are considering an August, 9 night sailing. Have read about some problems with Grandeur (food, engines, damage). What was the cause of damage? Will that affect cruise experience? Can anyone give me some current advice. Will probs be corrected by August, or should we try another ship? Maybe Voyager. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2005, 12:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Grandeur from Baltimore

We were on the Grandeur from New Orleans in January. The food was just ok...not bad, but nothing really special. I have read recently that they had some engine trouble while at sea, but I imagine that it's fixed now. The ship also hit a dock in Costa Maya a few months ago which caused some pretty extensive damage. That has been repaired to make her seaworthy, but I understand that you can still see where it happened. Other than that the ship itself was nice, but much smaller than Voyager if you're thinking about changing to that one. They are two different classes of ships, so it would all depend on what you are looking for. Hope this helps.