Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Passenger

Default What Dock in San Juan

I am hoping to cruise on a Princess ship (Golden) out of San Juan next April. How can I find out where this ship usually docks in San Juan? And does anyone have recommendations for a hotel in San Juan for the night before the cruise. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: What Dock in San Juan

The Princess ships usually dock at the Pam American dock, which is the one that isn't by Old San Juan. You can ask your travel agent to be sure, but I would count on that, have been there a few times and thats where they are.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:20 AM
pcboston

Hotels in the Condado area are a short taxi ride to the Pan American pier where Princess docks. There are quite a few in that area. You can catch the bus from there over to Old San Juan to shop and explore if you want during the day, think the fare is really cheap.
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: What Dock in San Juan

Thanks so much for the information!
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:56 PM
First Mate

We just returned today from San Juan. I was happy with our post cruise choice. It used to be the Wyndham, but now the Sheraton. The hotel is across street ( a good block) from Old ship terminal. However, the morning of the cruise I heard people being called for the shuttle to the RCL Adventure of the Seas terminal (new one) and that they would handle luggage transfer for you.
I knew checking into the Sheraton would be total chaos, however they offered on second floor an area to watch tv and get a soda, drink & snack from a bartender.
There was little hope of getting bellman to store bags (lobby had luggage everywhere). I was able to locate a manager and he took my carryons which had electronics, valuables etc in them and stored them "in the safe, and safety deposit room which is locked and under video security. We then had piece of mind to go get a meal nearby.
Upon return at 2:30 we had a room ready--yep our three original big bags hadn't been moved yet. Another manager retieved our bags from locked safe area and up to the room. The beds are wonderful pillow tops, for my son they brought a roll away in - basically a twin on wheels. Not the bendy kind. So very comfortable. The management also phone 2-3 times to see how things were, and if we needed anything. Sheraton is really trying to make it a postivie experience.
The upper floor (9) has a very small pool and whirlpool. Great view of the port. That was the worst thing-Sunday night seeing the ships leave--and we weren't on it (boohoo)
We also have stayed at Marriott Stellaris (Spelling) and like that hotel too, less hectic being furthe away-15min and got a taxi to terminal.
Old July 24th, 2005, 07:32 AM
First Mate

We're on the Destiny next spring... do they dock in the same place as the Princess?

Old July 25th, 2005, 11:14 AM
pcboston

Destiny docks at the pier in Old San Juan. Princess and Royal Caribbean are at the Pan American pier.