Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2005, 09:07 PM
First Mate

Default LIVE update from Destiny

(Hi Jim, )
Our last night on the Destiny ship, I believe we are "going in circles" traveling at only 5 knots, have seen St. Thomas in distance all day long. . We only boarded and disembarked passengers in a small window of time in Barbados from 5am-8am. The booked talent did not make it on board. They relied on the passengers to create a talent show--very good overall. Antigua was a beautiful island similar to Dominica, people happy to have you. Over night then arrived in St. Maarten- we almost were forced to leave. The wave swells were 15 foot I heard (didn't feel it though) and when Capt. tried docking we snapped the mooring lines. I guess by maritime law we were supposed to leave then. We then used thrusters to hold us in pier for an hour while the RCL Adventure of the seas a HUGE ship arrived behind us also detoured and backed into dock buffering us from the weather and allowing us to then doc. We enjoyed the beach there and shopping. St. Maarten has lots of shopping, but rude vendors. As much as the weather map would appear we have had only grey skies and some rain while in Antigua -glad I brought rain ponchos! So our Capt. has outwitted Emily and kept everyone safe. Well tomorrow we dismebark--more to post upon return.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: LIVE update from Destiny

Great info. I was going to ask you if you minded me posting the e-mail but I see you have. Hope the rest of the cruise went well for you.
Jim