Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2005, 04:10 AM
charles ward

Default cruising out of galveston

since most of the air accomodations for that area come into houston, can u give me any tips on ground transportation or travel to the port area from the airport. is there regular bus service, do the steamship lines provide any service ? how long is the trip from the airport to the cruise terminal ?
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Re: cruising out of galveston

Hi Charles,

I know just about everything there is to know about the Galveston port, except how to get there from the airport. We always drive, so I have never had to fly. I have heard others say that it was cheaper to rent a car. You might look into that. If you have any other questions about the port, let me know.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Art Williams

I'm looking for something else but I noticed your post because I live in Houston and used to live in Galveston. The answer to your question is that Im sure there's special transportation from each of our airports, i.e. Hobby and Houston Intercontinental (now called George Bush). Tourism is very important in this area and pretty well organized. I expect you've probably gotten some info from your cruise ship. If you called the airports themselves I'll bet they could tell. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you here in town.

Best regards,
Art Williams
http://wanderingsalsero.typepad.com
281 236 2852
Old July 19th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Passenger

Check out www.Galveston.com

You should find the information you are seeking on their web site.

FYI. Hobby airport is about a 45 min. drive from Galveston, Bush airport is about 1 1/2 hour drive, all depending on time of day and traffic. Special events in Galveston such as "Dickens on the Strand" or " Madi Gras" can impact the traffic on I 45S. Also there is a new causeway under construction and the old causeway has one lane closed leaving two lanes inbound and outbound.
Old July 25th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Happy Camper

Galveston Limo is what most people on the Chit Chat Board has taken. You can book transfers from the cruise line itself as well. It is a long drive of 45 minutes from Hobby and over an hour form BUSH airport. Debbie