Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Passenger

Default Table With A view

I am traveling in 2 weeks.I really would like a table in the main dinning room near the windows so we have a view.When I called Royal Carribean they said there is no way to request this.Is this true and do you have any ideas what I could do before we cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
clem

Default Re: Table With A view

They have their hands full even honoring table size requests...I think your best bet would be to wait until you are on the ship! AND...make sure that this is something you really want...we thought we did....but the water moving outside the window made my daughter really sick! We were glad to move away from the windows!
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

This is true. We had tablemates who became sick with the open curtain.

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Many times they have to close the curtains because of the sun streaming in. There is nothing you can do before the cruise and probably very little you can do after except to make your request to the Maitre'D and hope he has someone who wants to move from a window. If he does manage to fulfill your request make sure you tip him for his extra efforts.
Jim

Old July 19th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you have late seating, there's nothing to see except blackness & your own reflection. Don't worry about it. You will have magnificant views all day; you won't miss them at dinner.
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Yeoman

If nothing else, when you board go see the the manager of the dining room. He may be able to switch you.
Old July 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Don't count on it, and it really doesn't matter, because most times it's dark. One time I was near the window; otherwise, always farther in the dining room.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 19th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

You didn't say how may people are in your party, but if it's just you and your partner, and you want a cozy table for 2, forget it! I've never seen a small table by a window on any cruise ship. The window view tables I've seen normally seat eight, and tables for 2 and 4 are more in the middle of the dining room. And the other posters are right, if you have early seating, the shades are usually drawn to block out the sun, and if you have late seating, all you're going to see is your face staring back at you.
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:26 PM
BoosterMom

I agree with the other poster. We were "near" a window once and it drove me crazy. Horizon going up and down. I had to change seats. In fact, they usually close the windows during early seating because of the sun. Again, others are right, it's just dark and black during late seating...............Don't lose sleep over this, you will have fun and a great dinner no matter where you sit....In fact, it is more fun to sit in the interior of the room because of all the "stuff" that goes on during dinner!.....well, unless you get the table I got on Rhapsody of the Seas right by the kitchen door and I won't even go into that!!!!!!!! Have fun
Old July 25th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Caterina

I always ask to sit near the window but it is because I am severely hearing impaired and in the middle of the room the noise is so loud that I can't hear any of the conversation around the table. I always let the company know why it is important for me to sit by the window and have never been refused.