Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dawn cabin choice

Single traveler who sleeps late. I booked catagory BE, # C238 on Caribe. Now Princess has "upgraded" me to BB #A730 on Aloha. Looking on Princess deck plans, the A730 cant convert queen and is directly under the gym. This sounds like a downgrade. Am I wrong?
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dawn cabin choice

going from a lower deck cabin to a higher deck cabin is always considered an upgrade. Going from Baja Deck to Aloha deck is an upgrade as is going from a catagory E to a catagory A cabin. You have the right to refuse this upgrade if you booked a specific cabin, call your TA. I wouldn't want to be under the gym - especially in the mornings.
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Convert:
In terms of going to a higher category cabin it is an upgrade but in terms of going to a "better" cabin it doesn't look like an upgrade. I would get on the phone with your agent and reject the "upgrade".

This is one of those times when an upgrade isn't an upgrade.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 25th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Passenger

I had a 3way phone call with my agent and Princess and they will let me know by Thursday if they can accomodate my original booking or get me into a queen and not under the gymnasium or disco or whatever otherwise I'm screwed. Also, I'm curiousas to why it is more desireable to be on a higher deck than lower one?
Old July 26th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Admiral

its all about location, location, location, the upper deck cabins are closer to the pool, buffet, etc.
I would push your TA to get your original, confirmed cabin back, after all you had it first before the cruise line decided to change it. Have them move someone else.
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Well thank you for setting me straight. I guess lots of people don't want to navigate too much to get to the "activities" areas so I can see the logic. Me, I don't care if they put me so low I can flutter my hand in the ocean from my balcony. I hope they put me back where I originally, specifically booked but I suppose if they can't its my tough luck. I guess I can either go along with the "upgrade" or cancel or choose another sailing date, we'll see Thursday. I want my first Princess cruise to be so special and already this snag has me a bit upset because they HAD to know this upgrade has a bad aroma. All other replies in the forums and boards on this site say the same thing: These cabins are bunk and I got the shaft. Thank you again for your advice and responses.