CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   New Years Eve Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/245571-new-years-eve-cruise.html)

CruisinK&J August 10th, 2005 08:44 PM

New Years Eve Cruise

We've booked a CruiseMates cruise for Dec. 30, '06. We haven't been to Florida in years and never to Miami. Any suggestions for hotels? We'd like to come in two days early and tour around. We want to be close to the ship so it's not too expensive to get there. Anyone know of hotels that provide transportation to the ship?

Thanks!

Judy

Mike M August 10th, 2005 09:10 PM

Re: New Years Eve Cruise

Judy,
My first thought is to do Priceline and bid on a 3* in the downtown zone. Most of them can be had for around $55 to $70. You will probably get the Radisson, Hyatt Regency, Maririott or Dobletree Grand. I don't think any of them have free shuttles to the port but a cab is less than $10.

The Radisson, Doubletree and Marriott are all on Biscayne Bay and have rooms with port views. The Hyatt Regency is not on the bay but is a nice location and a very nice hotel.

Take care,
Mike

CA Cruiser August 10th, 2005 09:36 PM

I too would try Priceline but it might be a little higher than what Mike suggested because of the holiday season. Of course try the lower price first. We tried it in Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving weekend and had to up our price to $85 and finaly only got a 3* when other at different times of the year got the same hotel for under $70...oh well, it's only 1 night.

rollerdonna August 18th, 2005 11:05 PM

Good idea Judy. We'll probably be coming in a day early for that one too (any excuse to get out of FREEZING Montreal in Dec.!!) Maybe we'll be at the same hotel!

donna

Cruznut2 August 19th, 2005 05:18 AM

Holiday Inn Port of Miami is always my choice. It is right across from Bayside Marketplace. Has rooms with views of the port. Always fun waching the ships arrive in the morning. No free shuttle from here but the taxi was about $7.00 to the ship.

Laura

Dorothy August 19th, 2005 08:45 AM

It sounds as though the taxi ride to the ship is a short one, am I correct? If flying in the day before isn't an option, how long should you allow for getting to the pier from the airport?

dorothy (who is not booked on the Cruise of the Century, but is starting to think about it...)

Mike M August 19th, 2005 09:16 PM

It takes about 30 minutes from the pier to the airport. This is if there is no major traffic delays. The fare is approximately $20 without tip.

Take care,
Mike