Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Passenger

Default Transfer question

Question, if I take the transfer from the airport in Ft. Lauderdale to Miami port with my granddaughter where can I stow her stroller?
And do they charge for her she is 10 months old. anyone know??
Thanks so much!
Georgene

Old August 16th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Transfer question

Is this a ship's transfer? If so, it will be on a bus and the stroller would get stored underneath with the luggage. You need to ask the cruise line or TA if this is a ships transfer about whether the child needs to pay or contact the transfer company if this is an independent transfer.
Old August 17th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Passenger

Yes PapaBill it is a ships transfer. I am a little concerned about the stroller going underneath with the luggage.
That is a major item I need on cruise!
Might take a cab instead, any other ideas people??? Thanks so much PB!
Georgene

Old August 17th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Transfer question

I wouldn't take the cab. When you turn over the stroller to the driver ask for special care
of it , that nothing be piled on top of it. There may be a handicapped seat up front on the bus. If it is not occupied, perhaps it could be stored there. Either way, accompany your request for special handling with a $5 bill and I'm sure you will be accomadated. Have a great trip.
Old August 17th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Admiral

how large of a stroller are you talking about?? If its and umbrella type stroller - the best kind for cruising, then you could fold it up and keep it with you on the bus if you are concerned about it being damaged. The bus drivers are very good about handeling of luggage, just ask him/her to put the stroller on top of your bags and not to put anything else on top of the stroller.
FYI - standard strollers are very hard to handle on a cruise, they are bulky and hard to maneuver down the corridoors and up on the decks.
Old August 18th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Transfer question

Thanks again,
Okay I will try and get the handicapped seat if no one else needs it, that sounds good, and yes a nice tip for driver is a must!
I have a VERY lightweight smaller size stroller not the umbrella type but very close in size and weight, this way baby is more comfortable and it will also recline some. And easy to carry up stairs if I have to. She is 10 months old doesnt walk so she will be in it all week this is why I chose not to use my umbrella.
papabill, any reason you wouldnt use a taxi? Just curious, and thanks again for all the help people!!