Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Beginner

Default tenders off Kona, Hawaii

I need help. I want to book a fishing trip in Kona and it gets back into dock at 4pm and my itinerary says the ship departs at 5pm. I know it's less than 5 miles and I can make sure a taxi is waiting for me and the fishing charter said they can make it back on time. But when I called NCL to see what time the last tender is scheduled to leave Kona, they wouldn't give me an answer except "you will get that on the ship". Well, fishing trips aren't easy to come by unless you book one of theirs which I don't want to because you don't know who or what boat you will be on and they are known to put 6 people on a 28 foot boat.

Do you know how soon they tell you to be back to the tenders? Or how long it usually takes to get from the shore to the ship? Or who I could talk to that would know.

Also, what happens if I miss the ship? It's the last port of call before returning to Honolulu and I could always fly back.

I really want to do this fishing trip.
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: tenders off Kona, Hawaii

I won't take responsibility for you missing the boat but in my experience the ships announce the last tenders is 30 minutes before the ship sails. There has always been a long line and the tenders are still going almost up until sailing time. If the Captain of the fishing boat wants repeat business, he WILL get you back to the tendering area in time. Maybe start a new thread to see if anyone has used this particular company. We have never done an independent tour for just for this reason, we don't want to be left behind. Good luck.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302