Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Default Who owns which cruise line?

I've heard that Carnival owns Costa, and Princess lines also is this true? How about the other lines are they all independantly owned, or are some other lines owned by the same companies?
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Who owns which cruise line?

Carnival owns Holland, Princess, Costa, Cunard, Windstar, and The Yachts of Seabourn. RCI owns Celebrity. Not sure how the other cruise lines are divided.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 28th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Admiral

Carnival owns Carnival, Costa, Cunard, Holland America, Princess, Windstar and Seabourne. ------ Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity. ----- Norwegian Cruise Line is owned Star Cruises which I believe operates ships in the Asian market.

That's about all I know about the major lines but I have heard it rumored that Carnival owns considerable stock in Royal Caribbean but can't confirm nor deny that.

Carnival, love 'em or hate 'em, hasn't done too badly since starting with one old ship, the Mardi-Gras a few years ago.
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Admiral

I cruised on the Mardi Gras myself and had a very nice time, just 4 days my first cruise. I did the Legend in April which was very nice, and Im soon to go on Costa which of course they also own. Funny thing is reviews are very different for Princess, then Carnival and HAL yet they are owned by the same company. Celebrity also rates higher then RCL but again I guess it's what things are important to what people. Which I would have bought some stock in Carnival years ago, maybe I will anyway
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:09 AM
David Starkey

Carnival does NOT own significant shares of Royal Caribbean. They have been fighting each other for many years.
Stock in both companies has done well for many years for those of us that are shareholders.
Old September 1st, 2005, 01:18 PM
convert

OK, so I see here that Carnival owns "considerable" stock in RCL but also see it does not own "significant" shares of RCL. Who is right? You may think this is triavial, but to me its considerably significant.
Old September 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM
David Starkey

According to the latest annual report of Royal Caribbean International that lists major shareholders no mention has been made of Carnival or the Arison family that are the major shareholders of Carnival.
Old September 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Read my post carefully. I did NOT say Carnival owned considerable shares of RCCL----
I said I had heard they owned RCCL stock BUT could NOT CONFIRM NOR DENY that.
Apparently David has the better info. and apparently it was a mistake on my part to even mention the subject