Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2005, 05:15 PM
AmazingAngel

Default cabin location question?

I think I have a stupid question...I seen a thread somewhere but now I can not locate where I seen it but..we have an outside cabin booked 6b with a guarantee. What does the guarantee actually mean? They gave us our room number already so that is for sure what our room number is? Or what are the chances of getting a balcony upgrade? What do the letters mean. When we sailed two years ago we were a 4a but were on the riviera deck then in the end we were on the upper deck when we boarded. This is all confusing in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:42 PM
cali-croozer

Default Re: cabin location question?

If you booked a 6B guarantee, that means you will be assigned a 6B room or a higher category. Upgrades happen, but you cannot count on them. Upgrades usually stay within the same category, but on a higher deck (inside to inside, outside to outside, balcony to balcony). Sometimes, people get lucky and go from an inside to an outside or an outside to a balcony. I don't know what ship you are on so cannot tell you what deck 6B is on. You need to get yourself a cruiseline brochure...........it will show all the deck plans and cabin categories.

The rule with guarantees is to only book the lowest category you will be happy with. If you absolutely need a balcony, book a balcony guarantee. I, personally, like to pick my own cabin, so I book assigned rooms. A little more expensive than an guarantee, but no surprises.

I have a Carnival catalog...........if you tell me your ship, I'll look up the deck for you.
Old August 29th, 2005, 06:53 PM
AmazingAngel

I am travelling on the Carnival Liberty Feb 12,06. So you are saying that the levels..A, B, C ect just mean the floor you are on? They really are not that significant?
Old August 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM
cali-croozer

In most cases, the letters correspond to what floor a cabin is on (there are some ships where, for example, 1A's will be on several different decks). On the Liberty, 6B is on the main deck (deck 2). The only higher level category of oceanview cabins on the Liberty is 6E, which feature floor to ceiling windows, located on the Spa Deck (deck 11). You will either be assigned to 6B, 6E, or a balcony stateroom. You will not be assigned a 6A (Riviera Deck) or any inside staterooms. The sizes and ammenities of the rooms, in each category, are the same. An upgrade in the same category (inside to inside, outside to outside) will mean a higher deck. Balconies, on some ships, can vary in size, but the rooms are the same size.

What's more important to me, is what is located above and below a specific cabin, as opposed to what deck it's on. A higher priced cabin, above or below the disco, would not be as good as a lower priced cabin that is sandwiched between passenger decks.
Old August 29th, 2005, 11:14 PM
AmazingAngel

Yes I agree with you...thank you so much for the info...we already have our room number so that means it might not even be for sure then we could end up on a higher level of the ship but with a bigger window than a picture window. Am I correct? thanks once again!
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:10 AM
cali-croozer

Yes, if you booked a guarantee and found out your room number before the cruise, it might still be changed. In your case, the only other oceanview rooms to be upgraded to would be the ones with the floor to ceiling windows. Or, you could be upgraded to a balcony. You just never know.

In any case, have a great cruise. And, if you have time, visit a local TA and pick up a Carnival brochure (they are usually there for the taking..........if they ask, just say you are interested in a Carnival cruise). Although the information is on Carnival's website as well, I just like having something, in hand, to refer to.

PS.............be sure to check out the piano bar on the Liberty. I believe Ron Pass is the piano player/singer on the Liberty...............he was on our recent Conquest cruise and he's awesome. I didn't think the piano bar was our "scene", but we ended up going there almost every night! A fun time......try it, you might like it!
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:29 AM
AmazingAngel

Thank you we will! We enjoyed the piano bar on the Victory so definately will be paying a visit to that one! thanks once again