Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:53 AM
First Mate

Default Cozumel...

I will be in Coz till midnight. I want to hit a beach for some snorkeling then am wondering about the rest of my day. Any ideas for shopping or sights off the beaten path. I love the people and the local culture. Thanks, Karyn
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cozumel...

for beach and snorkeling i would suggest Channunkaab National Park, just grab a cab at the pier.
Old August 30th, 2005, 09:31 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Cozumel...

What about PB? I read that the snorkeling is not as good but there is a spot near? it the is good then you hop over to PB....just asking. What about some shopping after...or sights. Can I hire a cabbie to take me someplace other that downtown for necklaces and t-shirts. A little more local fare than street vender fare? What about hopping over to Playa? Anything on that side? I am restless for SAFE adventure...
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:03 PM
cali-croozer

Paradise Beach is fun, but not for snorkeling. If you don't want to hang out at Chankanaab and just want to snorkel for an hour or so and then grab a cab to Paradise Beach, some people go to Dzul Ha (sp?). You would, however, need to take a cab there and then another cab to Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach is one of many beach clubs that are close to one another, but none offer good snorkeling.

Don't count out spending the first part of your day at Chankanaab though. It's a beautiful place and you could keep yourself busy until at least mid-afternoon there (snorkeling, replica mayan ruins, nature walk, mini-golf-----small, but fun, small shopping area----good prices, not pushy, restaurant, bar, clean bathrooms, lots of iquanas!)

Can't help you on the shopping, we usually just snorkel and "beach" ourselves in port.
Old August 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM
AmazingAngel

The ATV adventure was a blast. We did that..my husband loves ATVing considering we own four of them...I on the other hand do not enjoy doing it but, the guides were very good on my nrevousness of having to drive the machine on my own. You can double up but everyone convinced me to do it by myself. They take you to see some small ruins and an abandoned well. You should have seen the size of the gekko(sp) that we seen! HUGE!! Then they showed us this abandoned snake that they found...it must have been abused cause it sure did not like people. They keep it in this large glass acquaruim. After convincing me to get up close and see its eyes it hissed and nailed the glass...thus I screamed and fell back onto my fanny. Yes it was a good laugh for all! But it was a good excursion and the guides were funny and very informative. You would like it if you were looking for adventure off the beaten path. There were even some locals that lived back there that live in something that looks alot like leen-twos(sp). Cant wait to get back the Cozumel myself in FEB! Have fun!!
Old August 30th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Admiral

We like to walk back into town to the shops off the main street. You can find all kinds of better bargains and also in the small alleyways back there. It is mostly closed back there at night though with all the action along the main drag.
Jim