CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (
-   -   aft cabins (

emjay September 5th, 2005 11:12 AM

aft cabins
we have been assigned a cabin that is right in the front of the ship on the Panorama deck. The only problem is it says there is a partial obstructed view. I was told that was only because there is a deck on the front where the passengers can walk and that would be in front of our window. I am just wanting to make sure we have a good view of the ocean and when we are coming into the ports. Does anyone know about these cabins?

CA Cruiser September 5th, 2005 11:45 AM

Re: aft cabins
First, those are not aft cabins. They are the forward or bow cabins. Our friends had a similar cabin and yes you can see when you are coming into ports. The only problems were, keeping the curtain closed for privacy and they also had to keep the curtains closed at night when their lights were on because it interfered with the bridge at night.

emjay September 5th, 2005 02:18 PM

Thanks for the info, now I need to decide which would be better, up front or on one of the sides with no peeking in windows!

CA Cruiser September 5th, 2005 03:30 PM

no question about it....side balcony!!!

Harry Martin September 5th, 2005 04:59 PM

I agree, go for the side. You'll be much happier. (Also, you feel more up and down motion at the front of the ship)

emjay September 5th, 2005 06:55 PM

I think I will go with the side. They tried to tell me the motion wouldn't be worse at the front but from our past cruises I could definately tell the difference.
I will call them 1st thing in the morning and make the change.
Thank you all!

Harry Martin September 5th, 2005 09:51 PM

Your welcome ... and let me tell you, you can.

CA Cruiser September 5th, 2005 11:33 PM

Your very welcome! I think you made a good decision. I experienced my first forward cabin recently and yes!! you can feel the motion. We had to leave the cabin asap and get fresh air. I usually have a balcony and never have a problem but we had an oceanview this time for a weekender.

emjay September 6th, 2005 04:55 PM

I did call and got an ocean view mid ship. We don't have a balcony but I am feeling better about not being up front. I know we had mid ship on the Riviera deck on the Paradise and had no problems so that is where we have our cabin now.
Thanks again