Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Default Killing time between debarcation and embarcation

I had a moment of clarity yesterday when I realized that for an indefinite period of time we will be waiting at the Ft. Lauderdale Port with all of our luggage and two very busy and energetic children age 5 and 3. The Enchantment is to arrive at 8:30 a.m. whilst the Liberty sets sail at 4:00 p.m.. I know sometimes they will let you board as early as 11:00 a.m. I thought perhaps that we could make arrangements to be the last folks off the Enchantment, but who knows how long it will be until we will board the Liberty. The thought of waiting at the port for hours to board with the kids getting restless and wound up plus trying move luggage seems a little much. So I guess what I am asking is, does anyone have any ideas of what we can do in between debarc and embarc. Is there someplace we can store our bags for a short period of time. Or how early in the day can we check our bags at the port? Is there something near the port we can do while we wait? Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Admiral

you could look into a post-cruise excursion to take up a couple of hours.
You could look into a day-stay at some of the hotels on 17th Street, get one that has a pool and offers shuttle service to the pier.
You might not have a long wait at all. Go to the purser's desk sometime during your cruise and request latest disembarkation. That would put you off the ship around 10 am. Grab a cab from one pier to the next one. You should be able to check your bags at the pier. You should be able to start boarding around noontime. Depending upon the time frame, you might want to grab a cab back into town and do some last minute grocery-essentials shopping. The pier is about 10 minutes from the grocery store and hotels on 17th street.
Old September 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Lisa, thanks for your response. I was hoping someone would be able to offer some advice. As long as I can check the bags at the Liberty terminal around 10:00 a.m. I'll be happy. I just think it will be hard on all of us if there is much of a wait and we don't have a plan to keep the kids amused. They are good children, but we all have our limitations lol! Thanks again!
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Admiral

glad to offer a bit of help.