Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

Old September 19th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Admiral

Default Has anyone not gotten a cabin after booking a guarantee?

I am wondering the above.I am cruising in 5 days and still no docs or cabin.Disney tells me this is very strange and are trying to get to the bottom of this.She did tell me sometimes on rare occasions this has happened<no cabin> Is this true ?Please I need some expert advise here!

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess
Old September 19th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Admiral

If you have a confirmation for your booking then you do indeed have a cabin. All that would be necessary is to go to the check-in desk and give them your ID and they can print up your docs right there. As for luggage, when you go to drop it off let them know you do not know your cabin # and they will pull out the manifest and your and your cabin will be on there.
Jim
Old September 19th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Sue, I have seen several times that people have cruised without recieving their docs. But I've not heard of a person not getting a cabin because they booked a guarantee. You must be a very laid back lady, because at this point I would be raising some cane, escalating through management until I was at peace the issue was resolved. I've felt really bad for you this past week. I've read your posts and you seem totally overwhelmed and instead of directing your frustrations toward the issues that are giving you grief, it seems as though you're beating yourself up. From what you've said, I cannot see that you've done anything to deserve this aggravation, and in my honest opinion, Disney needs to get their rear in gear and get this resolved immediately. Don't be afraid to say, "I need to speak to your supervisor". Keep going up the chain until you have the acceptable answer to your questions.
Give yourself a break, you're doing the best you can. Hang in there!
Old September 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

It has happened many times that people do not find out their cabin assignment until they get to the pier.

It's also happened (yes, to me) where I didn't receive documents, and just did a pier pick up.

You have a confirmation # and receipt? Then you're booked. Not likely that you'll left standing at the pier.

The matter of no ID for your daughter is however another concern!
Old September 19th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Guys, we did find the birth certificate today Beenie I did talk to a supervisor from Disney today and my Travel guy. Both told me this is highly unusal and Disney does not know why I have gotten no docs, or cabin.She told me she would look into it and call me back before 530pm today. Guess what????????????? No one has called me as of now 602pm.You guys can not imagine how I am steaming over this poor customer service!What can I do next?

Old September 19th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Sue I am so happy to hear that you found the missing birth certificate. That has to be a load off your mind. As for Disney, I would be very upset. Its not even about the docs at this point in my opinion. The problem is the disorganization of their organization and the fact they made a commitment to call you back and give you a reasonable explanation which did not happen in the time frame they promised. I wouldn't have worried about having a room assigned if you have a confirmation# and a reciept either, except for the fact that the manager said you had no cabin... I think that needs to be resolved immediately, and if the manager you spoke to earlier is unable or unwilling to assist you, I'd call back and find someone who will help you. If they try to put you off, then tell them that you're more than willing to hold and that way they won't need to call you back. Make sure you are documenting everything, names, extension numbers. dates and times of your calls. I am wishing you luck and hope it all works out. Let us know how it goes.
Old September 19th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the encouraging words I like this board because it gives you the info you need PLUS caring people
I will see how tomorrow goes. I hope it will be better.