Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:30 PM
Beginner

Default Travelling with a tripod & id question

I have three questions.

1) I will be traveling with a tripod for the first time and am wondering what would be the best way to carry it? I can strap it on or pack it in my suitcase.

2) My Mom will be traveling with me and only has her temporary id card. She has no other picture id and her new one may not arrive before we leave on the 29th. Do you think they will prevent her from boarding? Any suggestions as to other ways to prove her identity?

3) She wants to bring her vitamins and arthritis supplements. Can she carry them in a ziploc bag or must she carry them in the original bottles?

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
First Mate

1) I will be traveling with a tripod for the first time and am wondering what would be the best way to carry it? I can strap it on or pack it in my suitcase.

If you strap it on it will count as a carry-on. If you can pack it, I would. One less thing to tote around the airports!

2) My Mom will be traveling with me and only has her temporary id card. She has no other picture id and her new one may not arrive before we leave on the 29th. Do you think they will prevent her from boarding? Any suggestions as to other ways to prove her identity?

She must have an original raised seal copy of her birth certificate as well as the picture government ID. Can she get to the driver's license bureau and get one?

3) She wants to bring her vitamins and arthritis supplements. Can she carry them in a ziploc bag or must she carry them in the original bottles?

I take my meds in zip locks and in my daily dispenser. I have never had a problem with this. You may hear others say differently. This is just what I have experienced.

Have a great cruise!

Michelle
Old September 23rd, 2005, 09:30 AM
Admiral

If you can bungee your tripod to your carry-on that would be a good way to carry it, that way it wouldn't take up valuable suitcase space.
Your mom needs an official copy of her birth certificate along with a picture id or she will be denied boarding. If she has the original expired id card along with the temporary one she should be fine. I do not know if the temporary id card would be good enough, best to call your TA and have them find out for you
Use those weekly pill containers for the meds and vitamins
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:

I have packed my lightweight tripod in my suitcase on almost every cruise. It takes up little space and weighs just over 2 lbs.

Your mother will need her birth certificate, official residency documentation and state issued picture id to board. Do what you need to in order to verify that the temporary id card is sufficient. Call the cruise line. I would be leery of any temporary id.

If she is bringing a large amount of vitamins she should bring them in the original container. If it's just a few I would just put them in the seven day pill container.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:31 PM
First Mate

Default re:Vitamins & Arthritis Supplement

Just an idea--if you have the bottle vitamins came in, place it on a photo copy machine and bring the label picture. As far as arthritis med, if it is prescription-get a copy from pharmacy or your receipt they give you showing the med is prescribed for her. Be sure to put all of these in carry on just in case. I have never had trouble with meds or supplements but there is always a first.
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!