Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Beginner

Default Need help with room choices

I am in need for some information from the experts.

We are travelling on the Carnival Glory in February. We are a family of six, and need a handicapped room to accomodate a wheelchair. Currently we are located on the Panarama Deck up at the very front. Quad and a double. It's very expensive (running us around $9,000) and I'm afraid that being up at the front and up high, we will feel lots of movement.

I do have an option to book a handicapped double (inside) on the Upper Deck, but can't get a quad unless I move to another floor. Is it worth it for us being on different decks? How rocky does it get the higher you go? If we move, the cost will be cheaper that what we are paying, but I'm not sure it is worth it.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Cindy:

I get motion sick very easily so I usually book the lowest deck. On our last cruise I decided to try a guaranteed cabin. We ended up on the Empress Deck. I honestly didn't see much difference in the feel of the movement of the ship, and we were sailing in the Gulf when Hurricane Katrina hit.

If it were me and it was cheaper to book 2 rooms on seperate floors I would do it, unless you have young children. I prefer to spend my money on things other than the room.

Darcy
Old October 11th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Passenger

Hello.
We have never booked with Carnival, but I have always had outside
cabins top decks. We do book two cabins so I know it is costly.
My husband always thinks hes going to get sick, but never does and always sleeps like a baby.
The debate would have to be inside or out? Diffidently outside, we love having the extra room, great in the morning and when you return from excurstions. I love having a cup of tea on my balcony when everyone is still asleep I can sit and enjoy the quiet.. Have a great trip. Are you going Feb vacation out of Miami?

Tracey
Old October 11th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Admiral

consider the cost factor. The most expensive cabins are on the upper decks.If you don't mind being on different decks i would look into the cost savings.