Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Passenger

Default A few last questions (I hope!)

Well, we have less than 2 weeks until our first cruise and I am trying to finish my planning.
1 - We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and bought the transfer through Carnival. We found out we will be going in a Greyhound bus!! Is this very common? Does this mean that we will be sitting at the airport for a long time waiting for the bus to be filled? We arrive just after 10:00am.
2 - I would like to bring some soda for us to drink during the cruise. I am a die hard Pepsi drinker and would love to have it along for the week along with the occasional root beer and such for the kids. I know that Carnival does allow you to bring some on, but how much would be allowed for a family of 6? Also, what is the best way to do this? Cans? Bottles? I fear I will have to bring it all the way from home since we are doing the Carnival transfer. I don't think I could ask them to stop at the store while I run in for a few things!
Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there will be more but I will settle for the answers/opinions on these 2 questions.
Many thanks for all responses!
Old October 10th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

First off I'd see if you could get a refund on the Carnival transfers. The airport to the pier in Ft. Laud is a short taxi ride, and likely end up cheaper doing a taxi than the transfers.

There's a couple of supermarkets close to the pier as well. By taxi you could just have them stop for a minute. Take along an empty sports bag, by the sodas, put them in the sports bag, and check them with the porters, along with the luggage.
Unless you have a Pepsi truck pull up to the pier , they won't bother worrying about how much soda you bring
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 11th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Exactly what Kuki said. Try to get a refund on the transfers,unless you are a group. Taxis are plentifiul at the airport. Stop at the grocery store and pick up a 6-pack or two of soda. Don't load yourself down, you will be stopping at ports where you can replenish your supply.
Old October 11th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Yup, do the taxi thing and just take a couple of six-packs with you. You can always buy more pepsi at the ports of call. Make sure they are the cans. Bottles would be a disaster. I would also use can coozies if you take the drinks outside of your cabin so others don't know you are drinking Pepsi.
Jim