Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Beginner

Default Onboard Purchases

I am a first time cruiser! My boyfriend and I have booked MY first cruise (he's been on about 100 of them...lucky guy!) on Carnival Valor, Western Carribean, March 5th 2006 (I know, booked so early....i'm easily excitable though!). One of my questions is this...what happens if i run out of smokes on the ship? Is there a place I can buy them? It may seem like a silly question...but I have about a thousand questions...i ask only because I am smoking right now!
Any advice in the shopping area would be really helpful too!
Drama Queen
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:56 PM
Yeoman

I am sure you can, but be prepared to pay double what you are now. it's best to buy a carton, and bring with.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Single packs of cigarettes can be purchased in the bars for about $3.25 per pack and cartons can be purchased for around $22.00 per carton. On each ship I have been on cartons purchased may be taken back to the cabin and unlike alcohol are not held until the final night.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 24th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Passenger

Cigarettes on Triumph were about $18.00 a carton and could be purchased from the ship's shops. Beware that you may wish to purchase many cartons at that price but the US Government will allow only one carton to be brought back into the USA per passenger.
Old October 24th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to AmazingAngel

They usually have deals on the ship...well at least the Victory did when we went. If I can recall we payed $11 or 12 for the carton. Coming from Canada we pay $80.00 so let me tell you that is a huge difference. When we left on our cruise we were non smokers for two years, got into Miami and my husband bought a pack for $3...WOW we pay here $11 for a pack. Needless to say a drag here a drag there I was smoking again. I also recall if you are inport at Cozumel right there at the peir is a liquore and smoke shop...REALLY cheap too. Good luck and have a great cruise!