CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Family Cruise to Alaska with folks ages 80 to 10 yrs old... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/303112-family-cruise-alaska-folks-ages-80-10-yrs-old.html)

Harry Rose October 27th, 2005 06:42 PM

Family Cruise to Alaska with folks ages 80 to 10 yrs old...

Can you please suggest a couple of cruise lines on the smaller to mid size for a group of 15 people for Alaska 2006? We have folks 80 yrs old to 10 yrs old. Two in our group have limited mobility. We have some members who want the wild life experience and others who want more action. We are considering Radisson Seven Seas and Cruise West. Please do not suggest anything bigger than Raddison's 700 passenger ship.

Thank you.

PapaBill October 28th, 2005 09:26 AM

Interesting you want only the really small ships. The larger ones might very well be more suited to the diverse age group you are bringing and may also be better suited to the folks with limited mobility offering them more facilities adapted to their limits. Off ship , your excursions and trips ashore matter little what size ship you are on. Just my thoughts.

LisaK October 28th, 2005 09:29 AM

Princess does a great Alaska cruise itineary.
Look into the Sun Class size ships.
I would strongly suggest you let a travel agent handle this for you. Its always so much easier to let a TA handle a group. She might be able to get you some discounts or perks that you cannot get on your own. Not to mention the peace of mind for you not having to handle all the little details, questions, or potential problems that could crop up. If anyone has any questions all you would have to do is to tell them to call the agency and ask to speak to the specific agent who is handeling the booking for you.

antron October 28th, 2005 02:54 PM

have you considered the carnival spirit. i know they are known as the ''' party ship '' but not for this cruise. i have taken it to alaska twice and it is a wonderful ship and cruise through the glacier bay/inside passage. the passengers are there for the destinations, culture , wildlife and the experience of seeing a wonderful part of the country. the ship is very easy to navigate, they have a wonderful childrens program and great ports to stop at. there is plenty to do and see for all your ages. of course you have to leave from vancouver. which is a fantastic city to visit and sail from. i would check out all the lines that go to alaska and see what is out there for all your needs :) .

Harry Rose October 28th, 2005 04:48 PM

Thanks for the responses. All good advice. Will check out travel agent and some other lines.

Finally, do you know if the waters of Alaska are ever rough in July? Am also concerned about being on a small ship if they get rough.

Cheers.

cookie1207 November 1st, 2005 08:33 AM

A Celebrity cruise on a Century class ship such as the Mercury sounds just about right for your situation.