Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Passenger

Default How early do you have to arrive at the ship on departure day

My departure time is 5:00 pm and my flight gets into Ft Lauderdale at 12:45. Is that early enough???

If not I'll have to fly in the night before and I would kind of like to avoid the extra expense if possible.

Thanks,

Anne
Old October 29th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Anne,
You should be fine, provided you don't encounter any major delays. The Ft. Lauderdale airport is right next to the cruise port, so its only a 10 minute cab ride once you have collected all your luggage. If at all possible, when I can, I'd go in the day before, just in case..

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 29th, 2005, 11:05 PM
First Mate

Anne, you should be fine as long as you experience no major delays. We flew in the day of our cruise for our first 3 cruises. We have found it to be worth the extra money to fly in the day before for various reasons: 1. We are less likely to miss the ship due to flight delays. 2. We are more relaxed since we got a good nights sleep and didn't spend 1/2 the day flying. 3. We get to get on the ship early and RELAX!!!!!!

Have a good time, no matter which way you go.

Michelle
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:51 AM
Admiral

provided that you don't have any unexpected lengthy delays, you should be fine. As the other have said coming in the day or night before is much better.