Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2005, 08:21 PM
First Mate

Default INFINITY- Westbound full Panama transit

Hi,

Sailing 2nd apr on Infinity FortLauderdale-SanFransisco.
Anybody out there has done a similar voyage before ??? Am trying to figure out when the 3 formal nights are....I'm pretty sure about the 1st and 3rd one, but unsure about the middle one.
day 1 sail away
day2-3 at sea ( I suspect day 3 is 1st formal )
day 4 Aruba
day 5 at sea
day 6 Canal transit & Fuerte Amador
day 7 at sea
day 8 Puntarenas
day 9 at sea
day 10 Huatulco
day 11 Acapulco
day 12 Cabos San Lucas
day13-14 at sea ( i'm pretty sure day 13 is the last formal night )
day 15 ...it all has to end somewhere......

Your help is appreciated
Cheers & Happy sailings
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: INFINITY- Westbound full Panama transit

Peobably day 7 or 9 - because they are sea days. Can I ask why it makes a big difference? something about doing laundry? (it just amazes me how much detail some people want!).
Old November 6th, 2005, 01:25 AM
First Mate

Hi, Paul
Thanks for reply. I surmise you have not done that specific sailing yourself.
Reasons for asking : ?? Yes, some people ( and I'm one of them ) like to have as much details as possible. Laundry ? Not really as INFINITY does not have a laundromat, but yes, as we will use their on board laundry '' bundle'' facilities. We also will be doing the SS United States specialty restaurant,: since we're not into '' formal'' all that much, we will do the specialty restaurant on one of the 3 '' formal'' dinner nights.
When we '' do formal'', we do it to the hilt.....preferably not the evening before an early port arrival//debark for early excursion.
We are two couples travelling together, 2 staterooms; the other couple is also trying to '' plan'' the events ( without going nuts about it, after all, it's a vacation cruise, not a chore ).
Finally, I might frown on the 1st formal night as, according to anectodal postings, the Carribean sea tends to be not as calm as the Pacific along
CostaRica and the Mexican Riviera.
So, you see, there is a method to my '' detail minded '' madness !!!

Thanks for your opinion

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 7th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Passenger

Default Panama transit

I have done this trip twice and both times found the Caribbean to be calmer than the Pacific side. We went all the way to Vancouver and from San Francisco on it was so cold that every jacket in the store sold out - that was also in April. It was quite rough going up the coast from Mexico on but not enough to cause sea-sickness, just hard to walk around.

We are doing this trip again in April. I'm sorry that I can't remember when the formal nights are but they were definitely sea days.

Like you, I like to know all the details - the more you know the smoother the trip IMO.
Old November 7th, 2005, 01:30 PM
First Mate

Hi, GRDNERE,

Thanks for your feedback; Nice to know the statistical ''calmness'' of the seas on that route, 2 out of 2 sounds pretty good odds to me that the Pacific side will give us a bit more '' motion''.
I finally found someone at Celebrity who actually used her head, as opposed to her '' pre-recorded cheet sheet '' when we called for dates of the formal nughts; she put me on hold, checked the proper source and gave us the exact dates of the formal nights ; day 3, 9 and 13.
Thanks, all, for your advice
Cheers
CG

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G