Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Default Stupid Question - Port of Miami

I wasn't sure if anyone would know this: My brother lives in Ft. Lauderdale. My wife, 2 daughters (5 and 7), and myself are sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas this Friday, 12/2. My brother has a large boat and thought it would be fun to throw our bags on his boat and cruise down to the port of Miami. I know we can not board directly from his boat to the ship, but... does anyone know of a spot where we could off load and take a cab to the ship? We were thinking around Bayside might work. I know - stupid idea with a lot of variables - but we thought this would be fun and exciting for our daughters to cruise in next to the BOS then get on.

Any thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Bayside would be the closest and taxi's are available from there without a problem. You won't get that close to the ships due to security but the channels is not that wide so an impression of their size would be obvious.
Jim
Old November 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Stupid Question - Port of Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkenn
My brother has a large boat and thought it would be fun to throw our bags on his boat
Okay, I just read this part when I envisioned your wanting to throw your bags from the ship onto his boat!

Glad I read farther!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100