Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Beginner

Default Traveling with teenage guest - documents needed?

I will be traveling with my mother, my 16 yr-old son and one of my son's friends. Since the cruise line requires minors to have a guardian on board, what is the easiest way to meet that requirement? Should I have the boy's parents sign a temporary power of attorney appointing me guardian for the week of the cruise or is there an easier way??
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Admiral

you will need a signed, notarized letter from both parents, giving you permisson to take their son on the cruise, a simple form with names, dates, ship name and destination. You will also need a signed letter giving you permission to get medical attention for their son. Make sure that he has a copy of his medical card with him.
Also you didn't mention your son's father going with you. You will also need a signed, notarized letter from him if he isn't traveling with you.
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

In addition to what the previous poster answered you will also need notorized birth certificates for everyone or passports and both 16 year olds will need government issued picture ID's though passport would suffice if they have them.