Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Familiar Face

Default cruising with O2...

Thanks for all your help the another night on picking a cruise for me and my mom (who is on O2) I need to know what's in store for me traveling with her for 8 days . I'am thinking of getting a scooter, she can not walk any sort of long distances. How long is the power life does anyone Know? Will it be easy to get on and off the ship? How long does it take to charge? Am I better off with a wheelchair? Her O2 Supplier is apria, what if there is a problem with her consintrator? How do I get help? What insurance should I take out? Her diagnosis is cronic Bronc. We are not flying we live in NY and are using that port. Probably will be Sailing on Carnival legend to the carribean. I'am familiar with care vacations. She has pretty good insurance any most things are covered, and we aren't flying so I can bring most things with me. So I woold welcome any helpful tips and answers. Thank you all so much...... J Block
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

the first thing that you need to do is to have your TA contact the cruise lines Special Services Department, they will have all the answers for you.
A must do: since she has a pre-exisitng condition you must purchase your trip insurance withing 24hrs of booking your cruise. The insurance that you need to purchase is medical evacuation- your existing insurance will not cover this and this is a huge expense. I would also purchase trip cancellation/interruption insurance just in case she becomes ill and cannot take the cruise.