CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   swim policy on Carnival cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/308263-swim-policy-carnival-cruises.html)

karenn123 February 3rd, 2006 03:41 PM

swim policy on Carnival cruises

I need to know how strictly they adhere to the policy that swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. We're planning a vacation for the end of August and I know Carnival has a program for kids as young as 2-my kids will be 4 years old and 2 1/2 at that point and I cannot guarantee that the younger one will be trained by then. If I try to bring her into a pool with one of those swimsuits with the diaper part built in, will we get in trouble/asked to leave the pool? My fear is that my older one will want to swim so then the younger one will also and I don't want her to be left out...

CA Cruiser February 3rd, 2006 04:03 PM

I have seen parents told to take children out ot the pool in swimmers. It's for health reasons not discrimination. You know your child best so what would happen if you took her to the bathroom right before she went swimming then just have her wear her swimsuit? You could take her to the restroom every half hour or so then everyone will be happy. You have 6 months to work on this, you can do it. LOL I had 3 sons and they were all trained during the day time by then. Good luck.

gerif February 3rd, 2006 05:44 PM

Re: swim policy on Carnival cruises

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenn123
If I try to bring her into a pool with one of those swimsuits with the diaper part built in, will we get in trouble/asked to leave the pool?

I sincerely hope so - it is putting everyone else at a health risk. Every so often one will read about some inconsiderate person who thinks the rules do not apply to them who lets a little one into the pool with swimmies - the inevitable "accident" happens and the pool must be shut down, emptied and thoroughly cleaned. These rules are not arbitrary - they are in place for a reason.

karenn123 February 3rd, 2006 10:33 PM

to gerif

Although I do appreciate the feedback on my inquiry, I feel that your tone was a bit harsh...I felt as though you are assuming I am an "inconsiderate person who thinks the rules do not apply to them". If this was actually the case, why would I enter an information forum with a question? Wouldn't I just go ahead and take my little health risk into the pool instead? I have never cruised before and want some helpful information before deciding on my options. So thanks for the time you gave to my question but please reconsider your tone in the future. (and thanks CA cruiser-your response was greatly appreciated!)

gerif February 6th, 2006 01:38 PM

Although I do appreciate the feedback on my inquiry, I feel that your tone was a bit harsh...I felt as though you are assuming I am an "inconsiderate person who thinks the rules do not apply to them". If this was actually the case, why would I enter an information forum with a question? Wouldn't I just go ahead and take my little health risk into the pool instead? I have never cruised before and want some helpful information before deciding on my options. So thanks for the time you gave to my question but please reconsider your tone in the future. (and thanks CA cruiser-your response was greatly appreciated!)

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but I believe your question was - I know it's against the rules, but what will happen if I do it anyway? Sounded like you really didn't care about the health risk, but only about the possible embarrassment if you got caught.

LisaK February 6th, 2006 02:53 PM

children under age 2 are not allowed in the pools. Swim diapers are not allowed in the pools. Those are the rules, period.