Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hawaii Cruise Question

Hi:

I was checking out prices for an Hawaiian cruise this fall on RCI and Carnival; and for the same length of time, departing from the same port and a pre-stay night added in (with a balcony on both), I came up with about a $2,000 difference in favor of Carnival. I've been on about 14 RCI cruises and 7 Carnival, so you can see which line I like the best, but I do not find anything wrong with Carnival, like so many do. Our last cruise to Bermuda a couple of years ago, I found the food to be better and also the entertainment better than RCI. Can you think of why Carnival would be $2,000 less than RCI for a 11 night Hawaii cruise, both leaving from Vancouver to Hawaii, and both with a balcony. Neither one of the ships are brand new and although I like RCL better, I'm finding it hard to justify spending $2,000 more than I need to.

Also, do you know if Carnival has past passenger discounts like RCL does?

Thanks....Happy Cruising....Buddy
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Of late I'm finding RCI prices higher than many cruise lines. Think it has something to do with their policy of not allowing agencies to discount off the cruise line's listed price.

I'd grab the Carnival cruise. NOTHING wrong with their product in my view.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I just did the Carnival Spirit Vancouver-Hawaii cruise last September and had a blast! I always go with the savings...you could use that $2000 for a week long cruise another week. The Spirit was great, as I expected it to be and is one of my favorite CCL ships.

Like Kuki said - take the savings.

Jodi