Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2006, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grand Turk..Is Carnival the first....

Thought I'd ask the staff or anyone else out there that might know something about this new port. I was wondering if you know if any other ships from any lines, even the smaller ones, have been making a stop at Grand Turk, or if this is all new? I am booked on Elation and have been searching for experience of anyone about availability of taxis and stuff. Went to TripAdvisor and the island website, too. Maybe it is all too new and not really organized yet, so will probably just book a ship tour because of that. Just want to go to a beach but don't want to get stuck there either. Thanks for any information.....happy sails
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi all,

Well, I'm answering my own question here. Just found out that Holland America's Noordam made a stop at Grand Turk today. I guess that a new cruise port is being built and they were the first ship to dock there. I also found a web site from another board that has a lot of information, has a map of the island and the new port and also a list of shore tours and descriptions as well as some pictures. Very informative, given the newness of this port. I wish that I could post it here for any of you that will be going to this port starting this spring. There was a calendar with schedules of ships that will be stopping there. In March, Apr. and May, Holland and Carnival will begin and the new Crown Princess has Grand Turk as one of its stops in the summer. I was relieved to find out that there is a dock so it will not be a tender stop. Hope this helps any of you that are booked for this port. Happy sails..........
Old February 25th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did find a good information site

www.grandturkcc.com
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Seven Seas Navigator and Seven Seas Voyager both have stops scheduled at Grand Turk. I believe a recent (27 Jan sailing) visit was cancelled due to weather.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 15th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Beginner

Grand Turk was a pricey 9! Sunny when arrived! The Prime Minister for Turks was awarding Carnival with food for lunch. Jimmy Buffets Margarita Bar was cool but with a nice pool. The beach you arrive on to, the port is full with distroyed corel everywhere. Snokeling is good on left side of pier. Beautiful touquise water! The small shops are pricey and need more development. Maybe try the Trolley Train and Govenor's Beach.