CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   OK, I give up.... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/310729-ok-i-give-up.html)

Marc March 14th, 2006 07:12 PM

OK, I give up....

...which forum should be used to post "cruise industry news?" I posted in ChitChat; over 40 views and not one reply. It seems that forum is not designed to discuss cruising.

Under Cruise LInes, Practical Advice, People, or Destinations; there is not a single forum to discuss the industry. Is this an oversight that can be fixed? Or, is it like the Bermuda Board, destined to only remain a figment of my imagination?

thanks,

Donna March 14th, 2006 07:21 PM

Hi Marc,
I would think any of the above mentions boards would be fine for that information. It could also be that with the "new", there may not be the need for a reply, unless the poster was asking a question...Be patient and try another board...

Marc March 14th, 2006 07:22 PM

Donna, what board?

Donna March 14th, 2006 07:34 PM

Marc,
Why not post it on Chit-chat and go from there??

Fern March 14th, 2006 07:43 PM

Hi Marc,

I've read a lot of your "industry news" posts and find them interesting. I don't respond because I really don't have anything to say LOL !

I guess I could say "Thanks, Marc"?

Since you've seen that many people view, you probably know that there are many like me!

Please keep posting the "news",

Marc March 14th, 2006 07:54 PM

Fern, thanks. However, what I am looking for is a discussion. Do we ever discuss cruising? We can chat about kids and drunks and favorite teams; why can't we chat about cruising?

Are the CruiseMates articles posted on the home page meant to be gospel or can we discuss them; even criticise them? If so, where?

Donna March 14th, 2006 07:58 PM

Hi Marc,
If you want any discussion with any Cruisemates article, just post your side in the Chit chat board, I think you may get some replies...if it concerns a specific cruiseline, use that cruiseline board as well.

Thanks Fern,
I also read through lots of posts and some just don't require a reply, but like you mentioned, possibly a "thanks" would be in order.

Kuki March 14th, 2006 08:56 PM

Marc.. could it be that it's an issue you want to discuss but no one whos read it yet does, or may not have an opinion?

It's easy to have opinions on tidbits of life talked about on Chit Chat. Not so easy to have an opinion on a cruise line if you have no experience with them.

Certainly if you've noticed an error in a news item or article you can contact editor@cruisemates.com to point it out, or in the case of an article, the author.

And of course, there's always gripes wide open for you.

Marc March 15th, 2006 09:07 AM

Well, it sounds like ChitChat was the correct place to post. It just seems we have lost our industry experts on the boards. Ernie and Michael were two of the first (according to the member list) around and were always helpful to me; there don't seem to be many TAs or other industry insiders around anymore.

Paul Motter March 15th, 2006 09:58 PM

I don't think chit-chat is the right place, that is the "off-topic" board. I would post it under the relevent cruise line.

I love industry news posts - keep them coming.