Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
Passenger

Default go through travel agent or someone who works with the cruise

Is it better to go through a travel agent or to go through someone who works directly with Carnival? I have been contacted by someone from Carnival and she will be calling me tonight. Which way would I be able to get the best deal? Thanks again for any input.
Old March 22nd, 2006, 04:31 PM
First Mate

I don't know, last cruise went through Carnival Rep and after we booked he was nasty and rude. I did a search on cruisecompete and then called carnival and they wouldn't match it. I checked on this company and seems to be ok. I did book with them. I have used priceline before and everything was fine. My very first cruise I booked through AAA. I haven't had any problems either way so hope I don't this time either! They say you can get a hold of Carnival 24/7. Don't know if there is an advantage to that or not. I would like to talk to the same person and when I would call him back he would never call anyways. I called the lady I booked with yesterday for a question, and she called me back in 13 mins. I already booked so she had nothing to gain!!! So far I like her.
Good Luck!!
RC Grandeur of the Seas Oct. 2009
Carnival Liberty March 2008
RC Adventures of the Sea Feb. 2007
Carnival Liberty March 2006
Enchantment of the Seas June 2004
Monarch of the Seas March 2003
The Big Red Boat March 1997
Old March 22nd, 2006, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Personally, I'd use a good cruise travel agent, they can get the same prices that the Carnival reps can and sometimes even better, plus you get the service of a travel agent. There have been numerious posts of complaints when trying to get information and things changed when working with a rep versus a travel agent. Its always nice to be able to e-mail your agent and get replies quickly, especially if there are any problems.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Passenger

That's some great points. Thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:57 AM
Admiral

ditto what Donna said. Its nice being able to deal with the same person all the time, the person who is handling all your arrangements.
Old March 25th, 2006, 01:57 AM
First Mate

i have a great ta that is fabulous. she always gets me much lower prices for the same cabins on the ship than carnival shows. and she lets me know of extra bonus things and such. i wouldnt give her up for anything.

its a ta for me
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ditto again, what Donna said. I always use the same agent who only does cruises and applicable land & air arrangements to your cruise. He gets me "gold" for "lead" deals. Been with him 12 years - never disappointed. And yes, independent cruise agents work hand in hand with the major lines to get you the best "bang" for your buck.....and beyond! He just got us upgraded from Balcony Guarantee category to assigned cabins on the Legend (Carnival) out of NYC 3 adjoining extended balconies which would have cost us a min. of $349/each more if we reserved earlier - early bookings on "Guarantee" status is an excellent option.....you will never get "downgraded"! Cruise agents work for YOU! They are there for you before, during and after your cruise and will settle and claims or disputes that may arise if you have problems.

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days