Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Beginner

Default Internet & calling cards in St. T, Barbados, Dominica, A

Need advice on calling cards and/or internet options in St. Thomas, Barbados, Dominica, and Aruba. Can anyone offer information on using the phones at the ports? Locations? Buy a phone card on shore? Cost? Reliable?

Also, locations of internet cafes and prices. Any information appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Passenger

In St. Thomas, we visited some internet place, which was really nice and a short walking distance from the port. I forget the name, but all the cruise staff go from every cruise line, so ask any staff. Also, prior to our departure, I purchased a cheap calling card from Walmart and it worked great at a public phone in St. Thomas.

Enjoy!
Old March 29th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you have a cell phone?Ours works from St.Thomas and we dont have anything special.We find that our cell phone works from any American island.
Old March 30th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Beginner

Thanks for everyone's information. I've made a collection of internet cafe sources that I will post after I make my visits. I have a Verizon phone and have been told that it will work in Puerto Rico only, but I'll certainly give it a try around the other islands. The international calling cards that Wal-mart had were AT&T and sounded very reasonable cost wise, until I read the fine print about a $35 surcharge per call. I still may pick up a card; but I'll stash some extra cash to purchase calling cards in the ports. Anything will beat the cost of calls on the ship. Good idea about asking cruise staff about phone options. Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2006, 10:58 AM
Passenger

mysharona,
I definitely don't recall any $35 surcharge when using my calling card from st. thomas. That I would have remembered. Are you certain of this? If so, it must be a new thing.