Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default European River Cruise

Hi guys!
My husband and I plan to take a Viking or Uniworld river cruise sometime in 2007 from Belgium to Switzerland or Amsterdam to Budapest. I've heard there can be flooding or low rivers so I'm sure either late spring or early fall might be the best time to go. I'd like to know when the best month for these cruises would be. Also, which cruise line is the most favorable? Thanks for your help!
Old April 5th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Passenger

Hi, We have been on four European river cruises and one to China. Both companies are excellent and equal as our experiences. Most of our trips have been spring or fall which are very enjoyable but bad weather can follow you anytime. We have been lucky with the weather. I only suggest that you do not go in the summer as it is very hot and too many people. Hope this helps. cruise alot
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info Cruise Alot. A couple more questions for you. Which river cruise did you enjoy the most and why? This will probably be our one and only river cruise so we want to make the best of it. We plan at least a twelve night cruise. We love quaint villages and towns, plus scenery, scenery, scenery! Thanks again.
Old April 8th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Passenger

Sorry I took a couple of days. Our favorite trip was the 14 day cruise from Busapest to Amsterdam. You get to see so much and is on three rivers. The Danube , the rhine and the Maine. The trip is also done in reverse. If you get a chance to spend a couple of days in Budapest it is a wonderful city. Actually the whole trip is wonderful and if I get a chance I would do it again. Feel free to ask more questions and when I am on line will try to answer you. Cruise alot (Mary Ann)